Class action lawsuit filed against Apple

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I don't know what to think, Apple products are overpriced and the only way to defend that is giving customers stylish products and quality. It's clear IMO that at least the quality is lacking with the 3G, it's not just the coverage....it's about the cracking issues and the buggy software etc.

For me Apple deserves the problems and they clearly rushed the 3G iPhone.......The iPhone V1 is the way to go for the 'standard user'.
Ah man, I'm here to tell ya, if my iPhone 3g didn't get decent service and THEN CRACKED! I'd be SOOO pissed!:sick:

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Agreed. I just hope this pushes ATT and APPLE to speed up the patch.

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
have you ever taken a look at the AT&T coverage maps? getting 3g reception is not guaranteed everywhere, and not to mention if you are upset about your coverage that is an issue with AT&T not with Apple. just because it is an iPhone 3g doesn't mean you get 3g coverage EVERYWHERE you are.
that may not be accurate. Prior to the iPhone I had a Moro q9. My 3g coverage was 5 bars everywhere I went in Texas/Louisiana. I might have dropped on average 2 calls a week. I LOVE the look, style, and features of my phone but it is really frustrating. I get zero service at work (previously 5 bars with q9) that in itself is a pain because from 7-5 I can't utilize my "cute" new iPhone at all. Several people have just asked me to call them back when I get to my home phone because my new toy hangs up on them AT LEAST twice during any given call. I hope if nothing else the suit makes a statement. No one forced me to get the phone, but I utilize a planner, gps, laptop, phone, etc ALL day between work, my kids, and volunteer activities. The purchase was a well thought out investment for me and my decision was based on Apple & AT&T claims. Now I just hope it all works itself out.

Just my opinion.....

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I've also noticed that sometimes if I'm not holding it, it will show 5 bars. The minute I touch it of pick it up it drops back to 1? WTH is that?

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
that may not be accurate. Prior to the iPhone I had a Moro q9. My 3g coverage was 5 bars everywhere I went in Texas/Louisiana. I might have dropped on average 2 calls a week. I LOVE the look, style, and features of my phone but it is really frustrating. I get zero service at work (previously 5 bars with q9) that in itself is a pain because from 7-5 I can't utilize my "cute" new iPhone at all. Several people have just asked me to call them back when I get to my home phone because my new toy hangs up on them AT LEAST twice during any given call. I hope if nothing else the suit makes a statement. No one forced me to get the phone, but I utilize a planner, gps, laptop, phone, etc ALL day between work, my kids, and volunteer activities. The purchase was a well thought out investment for me and my decision was based on Apple & AT&T claims. Now I just hope it all works itself out.

Just my opinion.....
This is exactly how I feel about the whole thing. Obviously there are issues. So address the problems with the consumer and get it fixed quick. I don't use 3g very often so reception is not an issue for me. I just want the frequents crashes and stability in general to improve

sp1d3y

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
Hello ***.... You should have known when you bought the Generation 1 iPhone that you were a beta tester. What.. did you think it was going to be a 100% complete. DUH.. This is how Apple does things and all I can say is that from our opinions the iPhone has improved by 75%. There will be huge updates in the future and many more upgraded iPhones. Do you honestly think that someone owes you something because you bought an iPhone and expected it to be perfect. Your obviously living in the wrong world. Heck I know that just about everything I buy I have to replace because I usually pick the broken crap off the shelf. You all just need to stop....

Aug 22, 2008
Never had them as a client.

Well, when you are a Realtor in today's market and an out of town prospect leaves you a voicemail with info and a call back request, and you don't get it for 3 hours, there is a good chance that person called the next Realtor in PDX and well, you get the point.

In this market, you have to be there almost before your prospects. It's tough out there.

This is a real example of somthing that happened, on Sunday. Would I ever ask for damages? Heck no, I'm not like that.

But when it's feast or famine, everything counts.... no telling where that phone call could have ended up, but where it did end up was with me returning the call and the prospect having already been grabbed by another Realtor.
I was in Real Estate for over 25 years. If you had these folks as real clients they would have waited for your return call. Yes the market isn't the best at this point, but still a client is only dedicated if you make him one. Next time you contact them. I also know there are very few true dedicated clients. How many Realtors out there have so called clients purchase another home from another Realtor even when you showed the property to them previousley. They take a second look at an open house and the Realtor tells them " don't wait too long, the house has a contract coming in soon "? No, in my opinion , you win some and you lose some. You can't be with them holding their hands 24 hours a day. This will happen over and over in your careear. Get use to it.:(

unnecessary

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Im in the birmingham area where ol girl that's sueing is. Man I use to get 1.3MBs down. Now im at 38Kbps down.

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
mama it's called AT&T

If it was AT&T then why didn't I have the same problem with my Moto Q9? Perhaps it's a combination of them both. Whatever the case may be I hope it gets fixed. I've been considering taking it bk to the Apple store to see if I can exchange it, but with my luck I'll end up with one 10x's worse. LOL:laugh2:

I had a Blackberry Curve which would randomly erase all my data. I went through 3 warranty replacements and a brand new replacement, each one worse off then the last, :mad: before I finally gave up and bought the Moto q.

So I'm gonna try and stick with my original purchase from iday until they figure it out.:sick:

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
If it was AT&T then why didn't I have the same problem with my Moto Q9? Perhaps it's a combination of them both. Whatever the case may be I hope it gets fixed. I've been considering taking it bk to the Apple store to see if I can exchange it, but with my luck I'll end up with one 10x's worse. LOL:laugh2:

I had a Blackberry Curve which would randomly erase all my data. I went through 3 warranty replacements and a brand new replacement, each one worse off then the last, :mad: before I finally gave up and bought the Moto q.

So I'm gonna try and stick with my original purchase from iday until they figure it out.:sick:
you are right, its not AT&T. I had a phone replaced after I shadowed 2 of my friends for a day with their AT&T phones. Both had much better reception than my iPhone in many different areas.

I know all of a sudden have better 3G coverage in my house. Not sure if AT&T added some service in the area or if the 2.0.2 update did the trick. It didn't start happening right after the update so I am not sure but all I know is I consistently get 3G in my house whereas before I was getting Edge 95% of the time.

M

molly

I am using my iPhone 3G. But i always get the 2G signal. I can't receive 3G in my working place even i join the unlimit 3G service. I think the 3G network coverage is not enough

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
you know, I do keep up reading this thread just simply curious what other people's opinion.

I just realized that how interesting that we all (not really all of us, obviously..) blaming on Apple co. for how bad our 3G iPhone's 3G's reception is.... but nobody really complaing to ATT.... even though all this lack of 3G connection, we still do pay for 3G data plan... in fact, most of people probably have already received their first bill and paid it already......

My "cheap" side of me showed up... LOL

Painkiller

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
You're not being cheap! You're right in that you should expect to receive what you're paying for. This mess is one of the reasons I'm still sticking with my V1 iPhone. No way in h3ll I'm paying extra for 3g coverage that's not going to be worth a crap, and a phone that drops calls religiously!

After they fix this, maybe I'll upgrade. (if the 32gb version is out by then)

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Don't get me wrong, I still do LOVE my iPhone.

I was just saying that this mess can't be all blaming to Apple.... I'd think ATT also need to be blamed for part of it...

If we have to blame on someone.... ;)

Aug 25, 2008
Imho...

Well whether i agree or disagree is not gonna change much if i don't intend to actually take part in the suit. But, i will say that even if the lawsuit doesn't go anywhere it still hurts Apple/AT&T with bad publicity. I have seen this on several web pages, aka Yahoo's main page, as well as several news channels. The media loves to take these kind of stories and run with them. Honestly i believe that Apple is trying to fix whatever issues they have with the 3g, i mean why wouldn't they? This suit might force there hand a bit, but i don't think its gonna make them do anything more than they already were going to do.