Classic AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by ZipZap, Oct 1, 2012.

1. ZipZap

ZipZap Member
    Silver

So I pre-orderd a 64GB Black iPhone 5 on the 14th. On Wednesday of the following week AT&T cancels the order due to a system error. I fight with them for 8+ hours and they say tough you need to go to the end of the line.

I don't reorder but instead wait a week and do instore pickup. On Friday I score a 32GB White which I really like. Well, this morning I see a charge on my card from at&T for $680. I call AT&T to get it reversed and after an hour on hold they say...we cant do it cause we shipped you a phone.

Shipped me a phone on a cancelled order? How I ask...we don't know sir is the explanation.

So I tell the rep I cancelled the order and they were not authorized to charge my card. But they wont credit it.

The rep said the SIM was clear and not associated with my account so I guess I will see what I can do on ebay before I just return it.

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

WOW! Classic screw up with attitude no less! ROFLMAO! U may come out better for it if you get doube the price you paid on ebay. That may be a bit lofty but I think if you put a 64GB AT&T iPhone up on ebay, brand new never activated you may get a lot more than $680 for it.

However, screwed up AT&T is, be sure to take your sim out of the new iPhone you get from them before you sell it. I'm not sure but I would do that just in case any info is on it even though you didn't activate it.

I wish you luck. Keep us informed.

Classic AT&T!

3. DCronkhite

DCronkhite Member
    Bronze

Absolutely no excuse for this. I'd stick it to them hard. Reverse the charges on the phone, and then don't send it back. Because they cancelled the order, I believe under US Solicitation laws, you are not required to pay for it since they shipped something you didn't technically order anymore.

4. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Are you sure they cancelled? When you order initially they take the money out & then it goes back in. Sometime after you get the phone you get billed for good.

5. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

How did they only charge you $680? That would be the right price for an unlocked 16GB with tax but if it was a 64GB it would be $849 plus tax which for me was around $915.

6. ZipZap

ZipZap Member
    Silver

I was eligible for early upgrade so that was the price. The order was cancelled (i have the email) and i was then able to use the upgrade via Apple site.

Then att shipped the phone at the upgrade price.

7. hitnrun

hitnrun Member
    Bronze

^^^This is how I would handle it.

You did your best, and you got there answer. Your email cancellation is your insurance policy. Save it!

Losses like these are what force commercial revolutions. Change is on order. You can be a catalyst! Dramatic...but true.

8. Caliphone

Caliphone Member
    Bronze

Isn't there a 14 day no harm, no foul return policy? If that's still the case, I think they have no choice but to take it back, even if you didn't get the white one. Unopened factory packaging would work best.
    They screwed up and sent me two last year. My cc card company put the charge on hold because they deemed the charge "suspicious". In the process of clearing it, it was double ordered the next day. The boxes each already came with a return address sticker (UPS, to AT&T), I just sent it back.
    Call back and start over with someone who doesn't need to try and feel powerful by saying no to you. You may have just gotten a rep who has to say "yes sir" to everyone all day long and you were their one chance to have some control that day!

9. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

I'll give you the $680 for that phone

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe