Clean a virus?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There are no iOS viruses, even if you jailbreak. If you are experiencing problems after installing a Cydia package, try removing that package. Restoring is a last resort and we can often help people fix their iPods/iPhones without resorting to a restore. Please describe the problem.

u
There are no iOS viruses, even if you jailbreak. If you are experiencing problems after installing a Cydia package, try removing that package. Restoring is a last resort and we can often help people fix their iPods/iPhones without resorting to a restore. Please describe the problem.
its not called a virus its called a ****** up package but i guess thats okay

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
u

its not called a virus its called a ****** up package but i guess thats okay
My reply was meant as clarification for the the OP. I was just pointing out that an incompatible Cydia package can often be uninstalled, making a restore unnecessary.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
i had a fake packadge and it ****** up my whole ipod and cydia etc
I'm not saying it will always work. A restore will sometimes be required. We don't know what problems the OP is experiencing and a restore may not be necessary for him or her.

Use of foul langauge is not allowed on this forum, nor is substituting characters for it. Forum Policy.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There is no need to yell or get an attitude. The forum rules clearly state that substituting characters for foul words isn't allowed, just as foul langauge is not allowed. This doesn't warrant an infraction, but I'm asking you to stop debating it with me as it is a set rule. Another mod has already asked you to stop as well.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Ok, just got done reading through this forum and had my question unanswered. Now I do know that Apple products don't get viruses. I also get worried when I watch the news and see a story about hackers using email to gain access to your info. Are there any viruses that hackers use that I should be aware of, or am I for the most part completely safe? Or how about being logged into Facebook on my iPhone, ipad2 or MBP? Sorry if this seems paranoid, but I have only owned pc and Android until last summer when I saw the light. Lol. thanks