Clean up iPhone memory

1. Fishermen21

Fishermen21 New Member

Is there anyway which I can CLean up the phone memory. Any app can be use to free up space?

Something like defragment or free up "leaked memory" for use? Cos when we install and remove apps there will be memory been use and not release properly.

so apps to clean up these space will be good and rom/ram space...

:eek:k:eek:k

2. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot Bronze

SbSettings will do what you need.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot Gold

I agree. Install SBSettings from Cydia and use the Processes button to free up memory. There are also some paid applications in the App Store that do the same thing but SBSettings is free and great if you're jailbroken.

5. Mickeylittle

Hey I thought the App Store apps had the memory freeing features stripped from them and since this is posted in the modification forum jailbroken is assummed.
    But yeah SBSettings does a great job of freeing memory very quickly.

6. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot Gold

yes, you're right. I just checked the application I knew of that did it and the description states it was removed due to new App Store policies. Also, the OP is a newbie, they don't always get their topics posted in the right place. :eek:k:eek:k

7. Mickeylittle

After 27 posts I would hope for better! Hey this is just another part of Apple's control over what users are allowed to do. And people really think that the new iPhone in June will have multitasking and such on it! Seeing is believing!

8. bparkerson04

bparkerson04 Member Bronze

As much as I love my 3GS, if the new iPhone has multitasking, I think I will unfortunately break down and pay retail price for it. It is very uncommon for me to keep a phone for more than 6 months. I bought every phone but the iPhone, and was never satisfied. I can see myself keeping my 3GS until my upgrade...but then again, I also see myself breaking down and buying the new one if it makes leaps and bounds in change and improvement (multi-tasking being one of them). I would really love to see the iPhone be able to do most of the things jailbreaking allows you to do, stock. At this point, I don't think I will ever own another phone besides the iPhone (as long as they exist), but some changes definitely need to be made. I have used Windows Mobile, Android, Blackberry OS, and many other plain phone OS'es, and I am most impressed by the iPhone. I love this phone! Being a technophile/phone junkie has it's ups, but it also has it's downs ($$$$$). :(

9. Mickeylittle

No doubt on the expense of trying to keep up with technology. Regardless of changes made or not made in summer 2010 I'll probably be getting a new phone as my wife has the 3G so she will gladly inherit my 3GS and I'll splurge on the new offering!

10. bparkerson04

bparkerson04 Member Bronze

Bravo sir! It's so funny you say that. My mom used to always criticize me for always having the latest and greatest, until she started to get my hand me downs...now she just brags about it. "My son is always buying the latest and greatest, so I get really cool hand me downs!"...or something like that. I have heard her do it. I can't help it though. I love having the latest and greatest, and I think I'll keep doing it as long as I can afford it. I can say however, that I am in love with my 3GS, and if the newest iPhone doesn't have anything to offer that won't be made available to the 3GS and below via a firmware update, then I'll just stick with my 3GS, and get the iPhone after that one with my upgrade. It's weird to say that I can keep a phone for more than six months. I think I just never found my fit until I got my iPhone...maybe that's it...nope, I am just a tech junkie!:sneaky:

11. Mickeylittle

I've got a sneaky suspicion that quite a few here at EIC are tech addicts! I'm not naming anyone but it's not limited just to guys. We've got girls here who currently have 2-3 mobile devices. I'm afraid I've said too much.;)

12. Apple4me

Apple4me Zealot Gold

OK, call me a techi-nerd. I love my 3Gs, but am keeping it in pristine condition (front/rear screen protectors, full-body-case) just in case I have to sell it this summer to upgrade to the new iPhone. I've had all three versions of the iPhone and been able to upgrade and sell the previous one for minimal net cost. I'm the kind of guy that just wants/has to have the latest and greatest electronic gadgets. Luckily, I have a very understanding wife who doesn't even ask "why" anymore :)

13. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius Gold

I love this post! I am happy to read posts by people who love their phone. The iPhone is the best phone I have ever had. I absolutely love my iPhone 3GS this thing is awesome. I'm a girl, and if i can afford it, i get it! That is my motto. Even if i can't afford it, i find a way to get it.

I was downsized in 2000 and had quite a nice severance package and unemployment so when things came out i wanted, i got them. Years later when I got semi-stabalized in the corporate world again, although underemployed, i always mamanged to make sure we had the stuff we wanted, by budgeting.

The phone situation was bleek at best being a part of Verizon! I decided no matter how much it cost, i could take no more of Verizon and I got the hell outta there and got the iPhones(the 3G's), while it was costly it was worth it. The ETF in itself was horrible! But it was still worth it. In fact, this summer when the 3GS came out that was the real test. There was no extra money in my house to speak of, and my husband was baffled when i turned up with an extra grand out of the blue and bought the 3GS's for both of us. I actually sold some stuff on eBay. Oh, I luv the bay. If you have stuff that is new to relatively new and post it and you're honest about your stuff, you can get a pretty penny, especially if there is a biddign war. Oh, how I love those! I sold a few things and got the $ in my account exactly on June 19th. That was awesome! On June 20th hubby and I went and bought those 3GS's!

I did manage to sell our 3G's on Ebay after we got the 3GS's to recoup my money, but i make sure, no matter what, if a new iPhone comes out every summer, my husband and I will have them.

I guess us Techie's manage to find a way no matter what!

14. Mickeylittle

Now I feel like scum! You get you and hubby new phones while I get new and wife gets hand me down. Ok I'm not that bad, she has the option of new but chooses my leftovers cause she's not a true geek. She uses her iPhone for calls. Imagine that; there are actually people whose main iPhone activity is talking to other people. I just don't get it!:dft008:surprised

15. simba33

simba33 New Member Silver

mickey use her discount upgrade to get a new phone for yourself and give her your 3GS then u get the discount and don't spend so much lol

16. simba33

its ok mickey...my dad just got my grandpa and grandma new iPhone 3G's for christmas...they can barely work Razrs :/

17. Mickeylittle

Her contract was up last June so I used it then and mine will be up this June, how convenient! So I'll use hers again in 2011!:eek:k:eek:k

18. simba33

lucky lol i wish i could get that lucky just a tenth of the time i try to do something!

19. Mickeylittle

It's even better this year Simba cause I'll sell her 3G unlocked for $300-$400 on eBay.