Cleaning an iPad case

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPutz, Jan 18, 2013.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I have an iPad3 with the gray Apple Smart Cover and have found that with repeated use, over several months, that the case cover has picked up oils from the face of the iPad and after cleaning the iPad's glass face the case cover is re-depositing these accumulated oils back on the screen after cleaning. Does anyone know of a way to clean the inside of the cover to keep this from happening?

2. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I'd place a microfiber cloth over the screen before closing the case. I used to do this with my iPad (1st Gen).

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Microfiber is to iDevices as duct tape is to everything else. :)

4. EverythingApple

Gold

I didn't mean microfiber cloth. I meant one of those lint free eyeglass cloths. What do we call them? lol

Sent using iCafe app

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm not sure. I use a microfiber cloth to clean my glasses and it works beautifully.

6. EverythingApple

Gold

It's the cloth that comes with most cases and Crizal lenses.

Sent using iCafe app

7. aihna

aihna Member
    Bronze

I'm using the cloth I used to clean my eye glasses (microfiber cloth) to clean the screen of my ipad 2, it works great for me.

8. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

I have the same issue with a grey case/cover ( Smart Cover ) for my mini..... I think the original post was intended to get information about cleaning the covers 'cloth' side, not the iPad screen. I suspect that upholstery cleaner might work but wonder if anyone had tried to clean a Smart Cover with anything like that. The rubberized exterior is easy, but I'm leery about damaging the fabric side ..

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

This thread is nearly 4 months old, but could still benefit someone. I think the OP referred to the inside of the cover, where it touches the screen.

10. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Yep - I searched the topic as it is not something which I've seen discussed- and you are correct, I'm referring to the 'fuzzy side' of the cover. The rubberized side is a no-brainer but the other side gets grubby fairly quickly ..

11. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

SOLVED ....

I tried a fabric and upholstery cleaner ... Perfect !

12. Which fabric cleaner was it? (would like to buy it myself)

13. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

I used a product called 'Resolve' Upholstery and Fabric cleaner. I suspect any similar product would work as well. I'm not really a "Martha Stewart' type at all , so just read a few labels. I got it at the supermarket. Good Luck !