Cleaning Glass

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dennysb

Jun 30, 2007
Does anyone knows the best way to clean the glass? I am thinking of using the same liquid I use to clean my monitor.

I am not talking the casual clean using the cloth that comes with the device, eventually you need to use some kind of liquid (as with any glass surface)

THX :)

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
The manual expressly forbids window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean the iPhone.

The only things recommended are the cloth that came with it or a slightly damp lint free cloth.

trojan21

Jun 27, 2007
I use a Fellowes screen protector on mine. I'm not even experiencing any issues with the touch screen at all. And the best part....no smudges, and no need to carry that cleaning cloth.

dennysb

Jun 30, 2007
Ohh crap today I use a little of the tissues I used to clean my 23 inch Apple Cinema HD screen, but that screen has the same warnings that posted, so I should be ok, these wet tissues are alcohol free.

Anyway I will stick to the cloth and my shirt :)

The manual expressly forbids window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean the iPhone.

The only things recommended are the cloth that came with it or a slightly damp lint free cloth.

dennysb

Jun 30, 2007
Trojan,

That is what I used! (Fellowes - screen cleaning wipes) which are alcohol free. Well good to know someone else did :laugh2:

I use a Fellowes screen protector on mine. I'm not even experiencing any issues with the touch screen at all. And the best part....no smudges, and no need to carry that cleaning cloth.

trojan21

Jun 27, 2007
dennysb,

I'm not using the wipes, I'm using the actual screen protectors that stick onto the touch screen area and covers it. It works really well, I had it on my last phone and it lasted a really long time. I decided to try it out on the iPhone and sure enough, it works really well. I cut it out to the deminsions of the touchscreen so you can't really tell it's there. I would take a picture but my girlfriend took the digital camera with her on a trip.

dennysb

Jun 30, 2007
Ok, that is good to know THX :)

dennysb,

I'm not using the wipes, I'm using the actual screen protectors that stick onto the touch screen area and covers it. It works really well, I had it on my last phone and it lasted a really long time. I decided to try it out on the iPhone and sure enough, it works really well. I cut it out to the deminsions of the touchscreen so you can't really tell it's there. I would take a picture but my girlfriend took the digital camera with her on a trip.