Cleaning the laptop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silvermoon, Jun 14, 2014.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I know that the best way to clean the glass or screen is with the microfiber cloth. Do you think it is a good idea to get the cloth damp? I'm hesitant to apply any water to the screen.

What about cleaning the keyboard? I was thinking of using a tube attachment with my vacuum cleaner on low power but I'm worried about electrical discharges. It would be nice to remove some of the particles that may have fallen under the keys without having to take apart the entire keyboard.

When I consulted with one of the reps at the Apple Store, he told me to bring it and let one of their certified technicians do the cleaning. I don't really think all that is necessary and I can handle it for the most part.

Any other suggestions that have worked well for you?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I don't believe taking it to the Apple store or anywhere to get it cleaned is all necessary. For the screen I don't clean it often and when I do it's just with a dry cloth or my shirt lol. For my keyboard I have one of those rubber keyboard pieces of whatever that goes over it. I put that on there due to a medical issue I had where I then got sick on my keyboard and that caused other computer issues. Anywho, whenever I take that piece off, my keyboard looks brand new.

To be honest, I don't see cleaning the screen or the keyboard is 100% necessary, but that's just my opinion.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

4. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

This keyboard cover is great for keeping dust particles out of your laptop image.jpg

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I use this and it's awesome! Of course it starts to show a lot of wear after a while of use, but it's great to keep stuff out of the keyboard itself.

6. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

If you use your laptop as little as I use mine it should last indefinitely.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

What I'm saying is it'll still wear after time, but it still does its job lol. :p