Cleaning the screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gurvy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Does anyone know if we can use any solutions to clean the screen. The Apple store is seeling a small spray bottle the looks a lot like what I use to clean my TV LCD screen. I remember reading that we should not be using any solutions. The cloth that they gave is just not doing a good job.

Any thoughts?

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Does anyone know if we can use any solutions to clean the screen. The Apple store is seeling a small spray bottle the looks a lot like what I use to clean my TV LCD screen. I remember reading that we should not be using any solutions. The cloth that they gave is just not doing a good job.

Any thoughts?
I'm using microfiber cloths I bought at a local automotive store (usually Kmart or Walmart has them too). When I bought an Apple Cinema it came with a free microfiber cloth that was REAL nice, and I keep that in my car now also. No solution needed... just a quick buff with a microfiber cloth does the trick :)

The problem with the one included is it is too small. You just need a bigger, thicker one.

gurvy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I turn it off completely. Put the cloth on about 1/3 of the screen PRESS down and slide up, move over 1/3 repeat, and once again repeat.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I used some screen cleaner from Monster. It's meant for LCD TV'sa nd monitors but works well on the iPhone. Just spray a bit onto a microfiber cloth and wipe it a couple of times. Make sure that you do not spray it on the iPhone directly.

gurvy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I used some screen cleaner from Monster. It's meant for LCD TV'sa nd monitors but works well on the iPhone. Just spray a bit onto a microfiber cloth and wipe it a couple of times. Make sure that you do not spray it on the iPhone directly.
I have that same Monster spray...did u use the blue cloth that came with it or another microfiber cloth?

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
When I put it in my pocket the pocket material ends up taking off all of the finger prints, so i basically never clean the screen. If i were to though, then i just use the cloth it comes with.

cdoyle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I find taking a little paper towel and folding it into a small square and putting a little bit of window cleaner on it like windex..not too much lol don't wana ruin the phone just engough. This cleans the screen up and makes it look and feel like it just came right out of the box.

cdoyle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
lol, well ive been using it for the past 2 weeks and it seems fine, doesn't seem to do anything bad to it? do you know where you head that?