Clear Agent18 iPhone Case

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chzxmnky

Sep 17, 2007
Has anyone seen the new clear version of this case? I own the black one myself, and took my sister to an Apple store because she wanted a case like mine. We came across the clear one and my sister bought it. It's pretty much the same, but the spot on the back where the tree logo is no longer has a tree. It's smooth plastic that lets you see the Apple logo, almost like a window.

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
linkage

Very cool, although I really like the looks of my black one (better even than the stock phone, IMO). Can you take a picture of the case chzx?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
very nice~
i hadn't seen this the other day when i went in ; ;

but i think i'll be sticking with my black one because i personally hate the back of the iPhone :<

mutilate607

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
like does the clear case feel just like the black case? or is a diff material like all the other clear cases? i really like the clear bcuz it doesn't have the stupid tree thing lmao. so pls tell if its the same material

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
like does the clear case feel just like the black case? or is a diff material like all the other clear cases? i really like the clear bcuz it doesn't have the stupid tree thing lmao. so pls tell if its the same material
i haven't seen it personally but i am pretty sure that it is exactly the same material as the other two cases, minus the tree.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, upon closer inspection, this doesn't appear to be an "Eco" case... hence, the lack of the tree. Which also means it isn't the EXACT same material.

mutilate607

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
well bottom line if its the same material i will so get it because no offense but the tree icon thing looks totally dumb lol. knowing me ill probably switch out every few days between the black and the clear XD

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well bottom line if its the same material i will so get it because no offense but the tree icon thing looks totally dumb lol. knowing me ill probably switch out every few days between the black and the clear XD

yep, if i have enough time tonight, i will stop by the Apple store and get one (assuming they have it).

There may be pics later.

CarbonFly

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Columbia, SC
I wonder if you could make a hybrid case. Put the clear top on the black bottom so that you can see the Apple Logo.

Also, has agent18 announced anything about producing a clip for the iPhone? Both the black and clear cases have slots on the side and top of the case. To me this looks like a place for a clip to be hooked. Anyone else have ideas?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I wonder if you could make a hybrid case. Put the clear top on the black bottom so that you can see the Apple Logo.

Also, has agent18 announced anything about producing a clip for the iPhone? Both the black and clear cases have slots on the side and top of the case. To me this looks like a place for a clip to be hooked. Anyone else have ideas?
I'm sure you can combine the two colors.

The slots on the case are definitely for clip... who knows when that will come out. I just keep my phone in my pocket, but i would get a clip to stick on the visor in my car.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I'm not sure how to put this, and some of you may or may not feel the same way. The Black Agent 18 looks, for lack of a better word, rich.

The pics of the clear case look drab and lifeless. As as matter of fact, the case makes the iPhone look gray instead of silver.

Either that or its just my eyes. :eek:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i think the pics make the clear one look much nicer than the black. I think my logic is that i want to see the metal casing. So many phones are drab black plastic... gimme clear/aluminum any day.

chzxmnky

Sep 17, 2007
Sorry I took so long to post pictures.

The material is the same, so it feels the same.

Also, it's not completely clear. It's like... frosted glass. I don't exactly know how to explain it. It's not hard to explain, I'm sure, I just suck at explaining things.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarbonFly

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Columbia, SC
Very nice...i think I might have found a replacement for my Seidio case.

Just for sh|ts and giggles, can you post a pic using the top half of the clear snapped to the bottom half of the black on the phone? I wonder how a mix will look. Thanks!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Sorry I took so long to post pictures.

The material is the same, so it feels the same.

Also, it's not completely clear. It's like... frosted glass. I don't exactly know how to explain it. It's not hard to explain, I'm sure, I just suck at explaining things.
Ahhhhh... this explains why it looked gray to me. Thanks for the better pictures.