Clear Armor or Invisible Shield

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Which one's gonna protect better. I see everyone writing about Invisible Shield. Clear Armor was originally developed by 3M & used by the military on helicopter blades to protect the blades from damage from the sand & debris in the Middle East. I would think if the military trusts this stuff, it must protect pretty good. Anybody using Clear Armor? If so, how is it?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wow. That clear armor stuff looks pretty good!

Edit: I don't think it would matter which one you got. After looking at both products, and their details, it seems to me like they are the exact same thing.

If I were you I would go with Clear Armor because theres no difference except the price.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Having used the invisible shield and seeing the specs and video for clear armor, I would say that they are the same product. Of course, sine the clear armor offers 2 wraps and a cleaning cloth versus the invisible shields 1 wrap and no cloth, plus the clear armor is cheaper, I think that the answer is obvious.
The only thing invisible shield has going for it is the lifetime warranty, but you still have to pay an addition 5 bucks for shipping, AND you have to send the old one back in first. The cost is too high.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I am still having nightmares of when I tried to put the Invisible Shield on my phone. I totally messed it up and they sent me another and then I messed that one up too!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I am still having nightmares of when I tried to put the Invisible Shield on my phone. I totally messed it up and they sent me another and then I messed that one up too!
it definitely requires a lot of patience.

BlueHeeler

Bronze
Nov 29, 2008
Can someone please tell me what these do in the case of say a drop on concrete?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Can someone please tell me what these do in the case of say a drop on concrete?
Curse a lot and hope the damage is not too great.
This is why I no longer use Invisible shield and went to the Incase Slider. While the Shield's and armor, can protect against almost any scratch, it does about NOTHING if you drop your phone. (it's that whole weight + velocity+ density+ one immovable object like concrete, being struck be a weaker object like your phone)
I have dropped my phone with my slider case and and it hit on a corner (don't they always?) and the case got scuffed, but the phone was still in pristine condition. THAT is the purpose of a case.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Invisible shield is a waste of money. www.bestskinsever.com I swear by it now. It's the exact same stuff and it is significantly cheaper. They all claim to be the same stuff the military uses too.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I can say the BSE and the InvisibleShield are not exactly the same thing. A colleague got a BSE for his iPhone and it's thicker than the InvisibleShield I had on my iPhone. Unless the guy was a complete idiot, it just didn't look like it went on as easy as the InvisibleShield I had did.

Joe

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
ghost armor is the best naked case. I tried and installed invisibleshield... the feel wasn't there.. The ghost on the other hand is very clean and felt like I was touching glass itself but it's protected.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I would say IS because I had one for my 2G iPhone and I f'd it up while I was putting it on and they gave me another there lifetime guarantee is awsome.