Clipping a still photo from a video

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I forgot about using that feature in Vids as well, I always take a video instead of a photo, gotta try that, I guess pausing at a certain point then using the power/home to do a screenshot....neato!

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
the way I would do it ......I am kinda special like that too.....I'd play the video and at the moment you need the picture at push home&power button at the same time it takes a pic of what ever you have on your screen at that moment
Maybe use the pause to select the best shot before taking a screenshot...?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Of course you want to pause. :)

If it is a really important shot that I want though I upload the video to a PC or Mac and then take grab the frame I want there (1280x720 Vs. 960x480 on the iPhone).

Michael

Veritas73

Aug 28, 2011
It's awesome to be able to use the screenshot function on the iPhone, but there are apps in the app store, which allow you to extract pictures from your videos. One is called Movie to photo and another Movie to image. They cost both $0.99.

somya

May 17, 2013
Guys .I tried to do as directed above but my still picture came with an arrow image of video.pls tell me where i am doing wrong.Thanks a lot ...:)

somya

May 17, 2013
You could also pause the video on the spot where you wanted to print your screen. then click home button and power button together. :)
I tried that but arrow comes still.I guess power button then home button works.Cause i have done certain screen shots some are with and some are without arrow.Can't figure out how...Thanks a lot for your guidance...:)

somya

May 17, 2013
Was the video playing or paused? It should be playing.
It was paused earlier but i tried while playing now.i have done certain screen shots some are with and some are without arrow.Can't figure out how.Thanks a lot for sharing the experience and knowledge...Appreciate..:)