Clock stuck in 24hour mode ....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gavo

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Liverpool
Hi all, top site this ! :laugh2:

I've got an unlocked iPhone from the US running v1.1.1 and have currently done the international change & a few other minor mods. However, my clock (the main one on the unlock screen and small one at the top) is now constantly in 24hr mode even though this is switched off in my settings !

My alarm wheel says 12hr (eg : 1.00pm on the wheel & 13.00pm when alarm is saved !) .... slightly annoying as I hate 24hr clock.

Any fixes or suggestions are gratefuly received. ;)

Gav

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Hi all, top site this ! :laugh2:

I've got an unlocked iPhone from the US running v1.1.1 and have currently done the international change & a few other minor mods. However, my clock (the main one on the unlock screen and small one at the top) is now constantly in 24hr mode even though this is switched off in my settings !

My alarm wheel says 12hr (eg : 1.00pm on the wheel & 13.00pm when alarm is saved !) .... slightly annoying as I hate 24hr clock.

Any fixes or suggestions are gratefuly received. ;)

Gav
Only use the phone between midnight and mid-day - That will cure it.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Bizarrely - if you set your region to New Zealand ... Go on , try it lol!

Settings - general - international - Region Format

I'll have a look inside , there will be a plist we can doctor somewhere.

Gavo

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Liverpool
Bizarrely - if you set your region to New Zealand ... Go on , try it lol!

Settings - general - international - Region Format

I'll have a look inside , there will be a plist we can doctor somewhere.
How bloody bizarre is that ! :eek: It works in New Zealand but not UK ...."scratches head" !

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
How bloody bizarre is that ! :eek: It works in New Zealand but not UK ...."scratches head" !
If you enable the english-uk keyboard in the keyboard setting that puts pounds in the right place - I'm still searching for where it's hidden in the system.

In New Zealand mode - does your weather icon change to 73 degrees ?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Does anyone know where this setting is stored - I'll be buggered if I can find it. I've found loads of stuff but this one I've not found yet.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Settings -> General -> Date and Time -> 24-hour Time -> Off
Apparently Apple thinks us UK phone owners only use 24-hour clocks! Our 24-hour time setting is always on and greyed-out . Can't change it.

I was wondering if anyone knew where in the phone the setting is stored. There must be a plist somewhere with the international settings?!?

Gavo

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Liverpool
Not sure where it is stored, but you could always change the international region format to U.S
We could but it effects the dialling on the keypad & how numbers are viewed etc which is why I for one put the UK settings on in the first place .... having said that I'd rather have the right time than correct dialling sequences. Looks like Apple have locked UK time to 24hr :mad:

Gavo

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Liverpool
Apparently Apple thinks us UK phone owners only use 24-hour clocks! Our 24-hour time setting is always on and greyed-out . Can't change it.

I was wondering if anyone knew where in the phone the setting is stored. There must be a plist somewhere with the international settings?!?
If you find a fix for this let me know fella cos its really annoying that they've stuck us on 24hr ! Even though we can change the region it still effects the dialling sequences so it'd be nice to be on UK settings. Cheers

Gav ;)