Cloudy Picture

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by DomePatrol, Jul 30, 2014.

1. DomePatrol

DomePatrol New Member

In the past few months, I've noticed that the pictures that I take with camera on the back side of my 4s are very cloudy. If I take a picture with the camera on the screen side, it comes out fine. What could be causing this and is there anything I can do to fix this? I plan on getting a 6 when it comes out so I don't want to do anything too much. I just would like to know if there is a simple fix or what could be causing this.

Thanks for the help.

Sent using iCafe app

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Have you tried cleaning the lens. It may have a light film of dust stuck on it from moisture in the air. Take a very soft cloth and wipe it real good. When I first got my iPhone 5, I had it all ready. I took a few shots with the camera, and they looked cloudy. I enhanced them in Camera+ and they looked fine. But they kept looking cloudy, except on HDR. They looked better on HDR. I thought the camera was defective. Turned out to be a layer of plastic film over the lens. After I removed that, it did great. So try cleaning the lens. Let us know how that works.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Are you using any type of case or fill body type of skin? If so, does taking the case off give you clearer photos?

4. DomePatrol

DomePatrol New Member

Thanks for the replies. No I didn't have a case when the problem first started. I have tried wiping it with a cloth. I was thinking maybe something got under the lense. I will also look into Camera+.

Thanks again for the help!

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

How long have you had that 4s? Camera+ is great for editing and enhancing photos, but we need to find a solution to your cloudy photos. Does it do that way set on HDR as well?