Cloverfield

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Let me start by saying that no one should post any spoilers here because that would be totally unfair and rude to the other members that want to see the movie.

I just got back from seeing "Cloverfield" and I have to say that it was well worth the wait. The movie is quite short at a mere 84 minutes but it didn't seem to be that short at all. It kind of got off to a slow-ish start but once it got going it seemed to never stop. I really enjoyed the way they decided to use a first person camera shot throughout the entire film, it made it feel as if you were a part of the action. The only downside to it however was that the camera was quite shaky throughout most, if not all, of the movie, so I did get a bit nauseous, but it wasn't unbearable by any means. There were quite a few "scary" parts so I would think twice before bringing small children, unless they aren't scared that easily. I was quite surprised to find that the theatre we were in was not sold out, quite surprised actually. Overall I would recommend the movie, it is definitely worth seeing, unless you have absolutely no desire to see it at all, and even though, go see it.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
wow that's funny you posted this since i'm supposed to be catching a showing of this @1040.

and i'm actually surprised at the comments you made because to me this movie looked so cheesey.. i guess i'll have to go see it now, thanks a lot! -.-

:p

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Oooh, can't wait, hope I find time tomorrow evening to go!:laugh2:

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i fell asleep and didn't end up going..
i don't really feel like i missed anything XD

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
The hand held camera is just crap. It is so nausiating. Just like the last Bourne Identity movie, I was so sick, I just had to close my eyes.:mad:

Thanks for the heads up, I will not see this one.

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
Seems like the movie is good from your comment. I thought the movie was stupid when I saw the commercials but I might check it out next time I go to the movie theater.

H

Hayesimus

no. no. its a giant barbie doll. Barbarilla

H

Hayesimus

I am the emperor. Yes?

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I just watched this movie last night. I must say that I was disappointed. As good as the series Lost has been, I figured this would follow suit with really good writing. WRONG. It doesn't hold a candle to the previous writing he has done. I'm not going to say it was terrible, but I will say it was mediocre. Maybe I was expecting too much knowing who wrote it.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I liked it.

My friend did not.

At the very least it was different. I was relieved at that.

I felt the first-person theme to be effective. While maybe not exactly completely realistic or credible, I found myself saying, yeah, that's how it would be. Particularly how they included the viewer in the protagonists confusion and ignorance of what they were facing right through the ending. That's what seemed to tick off my friend the most.

I agree with one reviewer who said that it could have been even more effective, if more controversial, if the 'monster' was never completely seen at all - a very plausible scenario in that situation.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Anyone smell the nausiated throw up in the theater? Did they pass out the bags before going in?:eek:

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
DUDE!

wow, i went to watch this movie last weekend, but it was raining a lot and the theatre actually ended up losing power a few times, and the whole theatre blacked out. and even though we missed the ending, (we got to go watch it again for free) i thought it was awesome b/c for some reason, it made the movie feel more realistic...

idk if that sounds weird or whatever, but i wasn't the only one who thought that :p

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Anyone smell the nausiated throw up in the theater? Did they pass out the bags before going in?:eek:
Imagine being part of the cleanup crew after the movie? Gross. There are a few stories going around about moviegoers getting sick and leaving the theatre. Definitely not for the weak of the stomach.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Imagine being part of the cleanup crew after the movie? Gross. There are a few stories going around about moviegoers getting sick and leaving the theatre. Definitely not for the weak of the stomach.

I'll wait for the DVD then it won't be so naustic.:)

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Damn y'all are delicate. It wasn't that bad.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Damn y'all are delicate. It wasn't that bad.
I didn't think it was all that bad, but I can certainly see how people with weaker stomachs wouldn't be able to handle it. I read a story about a guy having to leave the theatre for 20 minutes so he could regain himself, I thought that was a bit overboard, considering the movie is only 84 minutes long.

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
OMFG! I cannot wait to see this film 4 days!. I have waited 7 months to see this film and have watched both trailers hundreds of times as well as the 20 different adverts. This film is gonna pwn so much!"!