Clueless on some mods

hookitlow

Jan 4, 2008
I have an iPhone running 1.1.1 that I "jailbroke". I can get apps on listed in the sources but am clueless on how to do additional mods, like adding nes roms (example). I know nothing of terminal and all the "step by step" instructions I have found seem to get me lost.

Anyone have the patience to answer a few questions or point me in the right direction to taking more control over my phone.

If it makes a difference, I am running an intel imac.

Thanks in advance
John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have an iPhone running 1.1.1 that I "jailbroke". I can get apps on listed in the sources but am clueless on how to do additional mods, like adding nes roms (example). I know nothing of terminal and all the "step by step" instructions I have found seem to get me lost.

Anyone have the patience to answer a few questions or point me in the right direction to taking more control over my phone.

If it makes a difference, I am running an intel imac.

Thanks in advance
John

Go here to add the roms:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/how-to-get-roms-onto-iphone-ipod-touch-guide.17432/

Last edited by a moderator:

hookitlow

Jan 4, 2008

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Sounds pretty simple. Thanks. Now one more question. Would you recommend updating to 1.1.2 and jailbreak that? I am in the habit of always keeping my software up to date, but don't want to create more problems.

Then look here

hookitlow

Jan 4, 2008
Ok so after failing, I need to downgrade to 1.1.1 and can't find it anywhere. Everywhere I look it says download from Apple, but I cant find it. Any ideas.

Also I got as far as running the 1.1.2 jailbreak but it got to the rebooting firmware screen and stopped fo hours, so i canceled and decided to start over.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Ok so after failing, I need to downgrade to 1.1.1 and can't find it anywhere. Everywhere I look it says download from Apple, but I cant find it. Any ideas.

Also I got as far as running the 1.1.2 jailbreak but it got to the rebooting firmware screen and stopped fo hours, so i canceled and decided to start over.

If you are talking about firmware get it here

hookitlow

Jan 4, 2008
If you are talking about firmware get it here
In that folder that downloads there are 3 disk images, one that requires a password and 2 that wont mount.

From what I have read the file that I need ends in .ipsw and there is no such file in the download you pointed me to.

Am I missing something?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
In that folder that downloads there are 3 disk images, one that requires a password and 2 that wont mount.

From what I have read the file that I need ends in .ipsw and there is no such file in the download you pointed me to.

Am I missing something?

The link I gave you works. You have to join the forum there, that is why the password...join it. The download file is a zip file, it is the one you want, that is where I got mine.

So go to it.

hookitlow

Jan 4, 2008
The link I gave you works. You have to join the forum there, that is why the password...join it. The download file is a zip file, it is the one you want, that is where I got mine.

So go to it.
maybe I was unclear. I joined, logged on, downloaded the folder, and inside were some disk images, but no . Iwsp file.

Did the one you used end in iwsp?

Not trying to be a pain but that's why I came here cause a lot of the answers I found lead me to dead ends.

I appreciate your help.

apparently the problem lies with safari. I used firefox and got a .ipsw file.

Thanks

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
its extrememly easy to jailbreak 1.1.2 if you're running windows but I have no idea how to do it on a mac.

iCreep.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
maybe I was unclear. I joined, logged on, downloaded the folder, and inside were some disk images, but no . Iwsp file.

Did the one you used end in iwsp?

Not trying to be a pain but that's why I came here cause a lot of the answers I found lead me to dead ends.

I appreciate your help.

apparently the problem lies with safari. I used firefox and got a .ipsw file.

Thanks

There was no images. Let me get the link again:

Try this on another site here

hookitlow

Jan 4, 2008
There was no images. Let me get the link again:

Try this on another site here
I wound up getting the 1.1.1 firmware elsewhere, but am still having issues. I can get the firmware installed, but I get error 1015. I then have no network connection with att. Do I jailbreak that and then reconnect somehow?

I don't know if i made it clear, but I don't want to unlock the phone (use it with t mobile) just jailbreak it to add apps.

john