CnetNews countdown to sdk

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Thanks for the post man! I enjoyed the read. It also makes me proud to be on the darkside..... Jailbreakem!

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Yeah makes me wanna jailbreak but Im so scared I will screw it up and have to make those ''HELP ME FAST THREADS''

If it does not come out soon or I see anything good when it does I will crossover to your side

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Nice read. It's now 22 minutes into Tuesday and no word yet about the SDK. Hope is fleeting.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Im never Jialbreaking again. Every time I do my phone gets screwed. First time it would just keep freezing and restarting even after I did a restore. I was lucky that I got a replacement. Second time my Wifi got screwed up and wouldn't connect to networks and when it did it would freeze and reboot itself. Luckily I got another replacement and this one I AM NOT screwing up. I'm patiently waiting for the SDK.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Nice read. It's now 22 minutes into Tuesday and no word yet about the SDK. Hope is fleeting.
Not in Cupertino it's not. And we all know that, at least to Steve-0, the center of the world is in Cupertino. :)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Im never Jialbreaking again. Every time I do my phone gets screwed. First time it would just keep freezing and restarting even after I did a restore. I was lucky that I got a replacement. Second time my Wifi got screwed up and wouldn't connect to networks and when it did it would freeze and reboot itself. Luckily I got another replacement and this one I AM NOT screwing up. I'm patiently waiting for the SDK.
see thats is what im talking about... post like this saved me from doing it...

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
I'd never JB my iPhone. I depend on my phone too much to hack around with it. I learned my lesson from hacking my older Windows Mobile phones....they'd just spontaneously reboot in the middle of a call.

But I've got a 16GB iPod Touch that I _would_ Jailbreak. It's my "play" platform, I'd love to add a few games/apps to it. Honestly, it's battery life is so much better than my iPhone's that I use it anywhere I've got WiFi access.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
You're right. Though, it is nice giving reports from the future. Anyone want the winning lottery numbers?
Heh.

True story. My mom is a simple woman, doesn't really comprehend the whole concept of timezones. I called her once while on a businesss trip to the UK, she was home in the Midwest. There was a MLB playoff game that night and she's a big Cards fan. It was being played in her timezone.

She stops me in the middle of my call and says "OMG son, can you tell me who wins the game tonight?" She really took "I'm 6 hours ahead of you" to heart.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Heh.

True story. My mom is a simple woman, doesn't really comprehend the whole concept of timezones. I called her once while on a businesss trip to the UK, she was home in the Midwest. There was a MLB playoff game that night and she's a big Cards fan. It was being played in her timezone.

She stops me in the middle of my call and says "OMG son, can you tell me who wins the game tonight?" She really took "I'm 6 hours ahead of you" to heart.
lol

is she a blonde?

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
lol

is she a blonde?
Nope...not a valid excuse in her case.

She really is just a simple woman. Oldest daughter of 13 kids, quit school in the 10th grade to care for family on the farm, never got her GED, that kind of thing. Dad was a PhD, no idea how the two of them hit it off. But right now they are both in Hawaii celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, so gotta say the spark was there. :)

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
i felt strongly like that for a long time...well for a month or two when i first got my phone, but i've always had do to things like jailbreaking and honestly...best decision i've made. I've realized that you actually never really need those help me fast threads...if you think for about 10 seconds you'll figure out whats going on. But i respect those who do not wish to jailbreak because i completely understand their reasoning.

If SDK comes out with the majority of the applications i have right now i would restore and use it without any of the concerns that might come with jailbreaking.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I think the past few post were meant to be in Test post thread you know the most random thread

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I have 8 minutes till Tuesday! I told myself I would stay ip for the hell of it.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Apple is out in cali right? So maybe us away from west coast have to wait for Cali time... pst

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
OMG! Midnight here and a 3G icon just appeared on my iPhone!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Im posting from mine, it was already in my view. LOL