CNN.com Poll Results: Are you planning to buy an iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I am definitely not a hater, in fact I plan on being in line early friday morning but I was just on CNN.com and there is a poll "Are you planning to buy an iPhone?" The results are interesting:

Yes, I will be among the first: 2%
Yes, but I'm waiting until after the initial frenzy: 5%
Yes, but I'm hoping the price will go down: 10%
No: 77%
Not Sure: 6%

http://money.cnn.com/POLLSERVER/results/32767.html

I thought this was interesting considered it is a current poll....perhaps camping isn't necessary?:p:p:p

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
CNN's reader base is largely older as well. The types that would never wait in line for an iPhone or even want one.

Not really the demographic we are among.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
2% of CNN readers are getting an iPhone on release? I think that is a huge demand! And 12% overall want one! That is huge.

I guess if you look at it that way...I was mainly surprised to see 77% outright say "No"....I would have thought more people would choose wait till the frenzy is over or for the price to drop.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
2% of CNN readers are getting an iPhone on release? I think that is a huge demand! And 12% overall want one! That is huge.
I don't think it's that many. Usually these kind of surveys tell you how many have voted. But it's usually a good sample. I'll be surprised if this is like a PS3 scenario. The price for this is just too much for some people. It's not like getting a phone, this is a computer.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I think the CNN poll looks better than what Apple and the analysts have been saying. 1% of the cell phone market in 2008. But they got a firm yes out of 2%? That's massive. Double what's anticipated.

I think demand for this product is going to be greater than we imagined.

Save your pennies and buy Apple stock! From the sounds of this poll I'd bet it's going to double again in the next year.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I think the CNN poll looks better than what Apple and the analysts have been saying. 1% of the cell phone market in 2008. But they got a firm yes out of 2%? That's massive. Double what's anticipated.

I think demand for this product is going to be greater than we imagined.

Save your pennies and buy Apple stock! From the sounds of this poll I'd bet it's going to double again in the next year.

Their goal is 1% of the global market. This is just a CNN poll with 11000 votes....