CNN Confirms iPhone Crack And A New One Emerges

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I'm afraid to say I'm happy with AT&T. I have no intention to watch it explode.
Unlocking can be attractive even if you're happy with your carrier. When you travel abroad, roaming is expensive. Using a local SIM card from a local company can save you a lot of money. I was with t-Mobile for many years and was very happy with them, yet I asked them to unlock every phone I used and they happily did (that's their policy). When I traveled, I purchased local prepaid SIM cards and used them.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Unlocking can be attractive even if you're happy with your carrier. When you travel abroad, roaming is expensive. Using a local SIM card from a local company can save you a lot of money. I was with t-Mobile for many years and was very happy with them, yet I asked them to unlock every phone I used and they happily did (that's their policy). When I traveled, I purchased local prepaid SIM cards and used them.
Wish I had done that in Costa Rica last year on my honeymoon. Cingular did not have any service in the area we were staying, but there were 4 Cell towers surrounding our area... Couldn't ever roam on it.

j2chulo

Aug 25, 2007
I'm afraid to say I'm happy with AT&T. I have no intention to watch it explode.
Im planning on traveling soon to my country and i know there is no AT&T there now what should i do with my phone? leave it here and buy a new one there. Sorry but im already in search of a program to unlock my phone since i don't want to do the hardware unlock.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Alternately, you can pick up a cheap cell phone in the country your visiting at the airport and load it with a prepaid SIM. I paid about 60 euros for a small motorola and a prepaid sim with roughly 100 minutes during my trip to Greece last year. I never had to refill, that was more than enough time for calling cabs etc.