cnn podcast in Safari browser...

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I searched and didn't see any posts on this. I found it useful:

I was on cnn.com and saw they had a podcast link.

the link brings you to http://www.cnn.com/services/podcasting/

From there you can listen/watch all of their podcasts in safari. It loads as a quicktime movie and clicking done brings you back to a quicktime symbol. Turing the iPhone while the movie is playing puts it into landscape view.

I went into the ipod program after viewing and saw that it was not listed under podcasts/videos. Anyway... I thought some people would find this post useful.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Nice, thanks.

Edit: Audio podcasts work fine via EDGE. Video, though expectedly slow in getting started, are actually functional. I watched a 7.5 minute video via EDGE. Not something I would normally do, but it you need a high-quality video fix (good gawd I can't believe I wrote that) and are stuck in an EDGE area this will do it.

All work fine under WiFi, naturally.

--
Mike

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I used EDGE to check out a few of the video podcasts and they looked fine. I had to let it load which took forever but after I was far enough ahead the video looked fine on EDGE. It FLEW on WiFi.

FYI: You can find this in iTunes. I did a search for CNN PODCAST and all of them showed up.

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I used EDGE to check out a few of the video podcasts and they looked fine. I had to let it load which took forever but after I was far enough ahead the video looked fine on EDGE. It FLEW on WiFi.

FYI: You can find this in iTunes. I did a search for CNN PODCAST and all of them showed up.
Yeah I figured you might find this on iTunes, but it is good for on the go and i was happy to see how Apple integrated quicktime into safari and it was the first time I had experienced playing a video in safari I did not try it with edge because I kind of gave up surfing web/iTunes on edge due to poor EDGE performance in my area. However I will try it next time I am out and about...