cnn podcast in Safari browser...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I searched and didn't see any posts on this. I found it useful:

I was on cnn.com and saw they had a podcast link.

the link brings you to http://www.cnn.com/services/podcasting/

From there you can listen/watch all of their podcasts in safari. It loads as a quicktime movie and clicking done brings you back to a quicktime symbol. Turing the iPhone while the movie is playing puts it into landscape view.

I went into the ipod program after viewing and saw that it was not listed under podcasts/videos. Anyway... I thought some people would find this post useful.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Nice, thanks.

Edit: Audio podcasts work fine via EDGE. Video, though expectedly slow in getting started, are actually functional. I watched a 7.5 minute video via EDGE. Not something I would normally do, but it you need a high-quality video fix (good gawd I can't believe I wrote that) and are stuck in an EDGE area this will do it.

All work fine under WiFi, naturally.

--
Mike

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I used EDGE to check out a few of the video podcasts and they looked fine. I had to let it load which took forever but after I was far enough ahead the video looked fine on EDGE. It FLEW on WiFi.

FYI: You can find this in iTunes. I did a search for CNN PODCAST and all of them showed up.

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I used EDGE to check out a few of the video podcasts and they looked fine. I had to let it load which took forever but after I was far enough ahead the video looked fine on EDGE. It FLEW on WiFi.

FYI: You can find this in iTunes. I did a search for CNN PODCAST and all of them showed up.
Yeah I figured you might find this on iTunes, but it is good for on the go and i was happy to see how Apple integrated quicktime into safari and it was the first time I had experienced playing a video in safari I did not try it with edge because I kind of gave up surfing web/iTunes on edge due to poor EDGE performance in my area. However I will try it next time I am out and about...