Code for 1500 SMS for $8.99 for Premier members only

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
so, i was really disappointed that AT&T now makes you pay $5 per month for 200 text messages with the 3G iPhone plans (and if you are too, i encourage you to submit feedback to them here: http://www.wireless.att.com/about/meet_email.jsp). but i learned of a code (from here) that will add 1500 text messages to PREMIER (discounts offered to businessses that contract with AT&T) accounts for just $8.99 per month. i just called AT&T and had them remove the $5 plan and add the $8.99 plan since it's a far better deal. if you have a premier account (with a FAN discount) with AT&T, call them ask them to add message plan TMS4.

just thought i'd throw this out there so people can save some money (the 3G iPhone 1500 SMS plan offered to the general public costs $15 per month). enjoy! :)

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
so, i was really disappointed that AT&T now makes you pay $5 per month for 200 text messages with the 3G iPhone plans (and if you are too, i encourage you to submit feedback to them here: http://www.wireless.att.com/about/meet_email.jsp). but i learned of a code (from here) that will add 1500 text messages to PREMIER (discounts offered to businessses that contract with AT&T) accounts for just $8.99 per month. i just called AT&T and had them remove the $5 plan and add the $8.99 plan since it's a far better deal. if you have a premier account (with a FAN discount) with AT&T, call them ask them to add message plan TMS4.

just thought i'd throw this out there so people can save some money (the 3G iPhone 1500 SMS plan offered to the general public costs $15 per month). enjoy! :)

Thanks! good looking out!

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
How do you know if you have a premier account? I have the Lockheed Martin Fan# on my account (50% off phones and equipment, 25% off my rate plan)

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
How do you know if you have a premier account? I have the Lockheed Martin Fan# on my account (50% off phones and equipment, 25% off my rate plan)
From what I've read, simply having a FAN number on your account makes you a Premier member, so this code should work for you. I have heard of people needing to call more than once to get a CSR that is knowledgeable/reasonable enough to just add the code to your account without repeating "the iPhone 1500 SMS plan costs $15" ad infinitum.

bkrgrlmphs

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Is this for stay at home moms too that are gadget nuts?

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
The code U200 gives you 200 extra minutes a month.

You can also get a discount if you go to College/University or if you work for a fortune 500 company. Just go here and fill it in http://www.att.com/wirelessdiscounts

School discounts vary from 5%-15%

Work discounts are usually 20% and up

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah during my McDonalds orientation they said I could go to At&t for and get a discount their on a phone-not sure about plan- but I never called to see if that discount would be applicable toward the iPhone 3G I guess I'll ask to tomorrow. ..

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
There are absolutely no discounts on the iPhone 3G for customers, only Apple employees (and probably AT&T).

I work for Apple and the new iPhone hasn't even popped up on the Employee Purchase Plan yet! I was told it'd be about a month or so, they have to figure out a way to purchase it from the EPP online site and have it activated in store when it comes in.

BTW - Thanks very much MacGirl! I'm in for 2!

I called the AT&T businesss care number, had them add on my FAN number, the lady who was helping me was really cool with everything, then she added the TMS4 on my line (I have two, the girlfriend has a CrackBerry), and she added the U200 on both lines!

I was so psyched! Haha, she even asked me, "yes, so where did you get all of these codes from?", I just told her my boss gave them to me!

THANKS AGAIN!

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
Is there a code for the unlimited messaging plan? Also Overboost, the one line is a crackberry, is the other your iPhone V1 ?

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
The girlfriend has a blackberry curve, and I've got the iPhone 3g (reason why I had to put the FAN back on my account.)

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007

After the representative removed my old text plan and added this one, she mentioned to me that it may or may not actually take effect. She said to call back and have the other one added if this one didn't work.

Not really sure what she means...she could also not have a clue what she's talking about...

Any thoughts?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
After the representative removed my old text plan and added this one, she mentioned to me that it may or may not actually take effect. She said to call back and have the other one added if this one didn't work.

Not really sure what she means...she could also not have a clue what she's talking about...

Any thoughts?
That's odd - I'm not sure why she would say that. But you can check your account online to make sure it was applied. After a day or two, I logged into my account and the $8.99 SMS plan showed up as a line item when I checked my rate plan and features. I'd suggest you check there first to see if it was applied before calling customer service and risk getting someone clueless who'll tell you that code won't work...

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Well I will add my discount info here.. I used to be a manager a Walmart and they offered a discount as well to the monthly bill if you worked there... I quit the hell hole and still get the discount ... so those that work at wally world talk to you personnel manager you can get a discount

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
maybe i'm a little slow but whats a FAN number?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
maybe i'm a little slow but whats a FAN number?
It stands for Foundation Account Number - it's just the number that AT&T assigns to each businesss who has a discount arrangement with them. If you've applied a discount to your plan, the name of your company and the FAN show up in the top right of the screen when you log into your account.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
omg the u200 one worked
it only applies to one phone in a family plan though

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
^^ I guess its good that you joined EiC then ;)
yep
i actually put the extra minutes on my dad's phone since he talks more than me lol
he was amazed that i got 200 extra minutes a month

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
The code U200 gives you 200 extra minutes a month.

You can also get a discount if you go to College/University or if you work for a fortune 500 company. Just go here and fill it in http://www.att.com/wirelessdiscounts

School discounts vary from 5%-15%

Work discounts are usually 20% and up
Thanks for the link. I became a member through my work (they only would advertise Verizion discounts). Thanks again.