coffee dun swamped me iPhone

fishbone

Sep 12, 2007
West Palm Bch., FL
Ok..so i didn't insure...yes..im a total bonehead..total restore was flawless..literally everything works but the touch screen..anyone know where the nearest repair shop is in west palm beach fl.? Hey im willing to pay because its my fault! thnks people..need ta call somebody..hah hah

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Nearest Apple store is your best bet.
Sorry about your mishap and welcome to EIC. Wish it was under better circumstances.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Good luck. Maybe it's something that can be fixed by Apple and have the device returned for just the cost of labor and parts. Hate to see you have to replace the entire thing at cost.

Nov 24, 2007
i payed $250 canadain 2 months ago... so you wasted coffee all over your phone ? let it try completely , might still work.. my buddy dropped his blackberry in the toilet at work, his started working a week after... just leave it off. that suks tho , i feel your pain bro.. i had to buy a new touchscreen 2 months after i got the phone, & i live in canada no chance of even getting a replacement

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Good luck. Maybe it's something that can be fixed by Apple and have the device returned for just the cost of labor and parts. Hate to see you have to replace the entire thing at cost.
Apple dosent fix iPhones. They just exchange your broken one for a new one. If they say there not gonna cover the phone because of accidentally damage they will give you the option of paying the $250 extortion fee for a new one or they will just give you your broken phone back and say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
If the water detection mark didn't turn red just bring it in and say it stopped working. They'll give you a replacement for nothing.

TonyTHT

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Cheshire, UK
If the water detection mark didn't turn red just bring it in and say it stopped working. They'll give you a replacement for nothing.
Water detection mark ?
Where is that located ? My girlfriend spilt water on hers last week, and its acting a little strange, so I could do with checking if this mark has been triggered.

Thanks,

T

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
Water detection mark ?
Where is that located ? My girlfriend spilt water on hers last week, and its acting a little strange, so I could do with checking if this mark has been triggered.

Thanks,

T
Its located at the bottom of where you plug in the headphones, you can see it with a flashlight.

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
i got mine soaked in water....it was acting up a lot and the battery didn't last pissing time, i bought a battery replacement kit and now shes fine again.......changed the battery myself too

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i got mine soaked in water....it was acting up a lot and the battery didn't last pissing time, i bought a battery replacement kit and now shes fine again.......changed the battery myself too
That's cool. Good to know that info just in case of a water problem.:mad:

Jul 29, 2007
Closest Store...

I work in WPB, the closest Apple store is at Wellington Green, next is Boca...

Good luck man, sorry bout the spill....

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I took mine in today and they exchanged it. No Question Asked.
The Center of the Touchscreen went out.

fishbone

Sep 12, 2007
West Palm Bch., FL
Thanks fer the condolences

Yepper ..they charged me 249 because i had no ins...http://www.safeware.com/GetaQuote.aspx...gave me new iPhone which i promptly jailbroke..all is well for the low price of 650! If it happens again , im goin for it!...http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vi...efault.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskLYoUVoKUME8GkqURbDkBus...get insurance..measely 70 bucks....Again..thnks fer the replies people..parts store and case opener is here i believe...http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=iPhone:cool::p

fishbone

Sep 12, 2007
West Palm Bch., FL
my problem was pretty cut-and-dried

You see coffee smears inside the lcd screen.tried to give them a b.s. story..they just laughed...told em just gimme a new damn phone..ya live and learn!

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
You see coffee smears inside the lcd screen.tried to give them a b.s. story..they just laughed...told em just gimme a new damn phone..ya live and learn!

I insured my iPhone through State Farm last Sept for 33 dollars with 0 deductible. If anything happens to it at all, they replace it for free! I know there were several topics on this a few months back. To me, it is well worth the 30 dollars.

fishbone

Sep 12, 2007
West Palm Bch., FL
oh well...

I insured my iPhone through State Farm last Sept for 33 dollars with 0 deductible. If anything happens to it at all, they replace it for free! I know there were several topics on this a few months back. To me, it is well worth the 30 dollars.
guess i shoulda tried them but im covered anyway fer 40 bucks more and no deduct....i think safeware gives you a check for 400 to Apple so if i swamp it again..god forbid..ill take the 400 plus 200 for the 3g model