Coffee?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Admit it, people. How many of you have that daily itch for a cup of coffee in the morning/afternoon/evening, whenever? I, for one, have about two cups every morning and one in the afternoon at work. And it's hot coffee. When I'm out and about on the weekends, I'll stop at Dunkin' Donuts for their iced coffee.

Starbucks, meh. It's OK, but I think their quality is all hype.

Any other coffee lovers?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
juls1585 said:
i don't drink coffee. i never liked the taste at all. im the only one in my family.
Yeah, I cannot drink it black, yuck. I use Sugar Free flavored creamers, which make the cup delicious, IMO. :)

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
juls1585 said:
my dad drinks his black and so does my grandma. i don't get it. i HATE the taste of it.

the only thing i would consider trying in the hot coffee area is like french vanilla flavored. my boss drinks it every day and it always smells so good.
If you want to start off, go to DD and get a French Vanilla hot coffee with cream and sugar. Delicious!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I am not a coffee lover but I like to drink cappucino whenever I'm at a coffee shop.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Here's my machine (built-in grinder is key):

And here's my fuel:

Best cup of coffee in my world...

Out of the house, I prefer Wawa coffee, then DD, then way down the line Starbucks (that crap is way over-roasted/brewed, though. I usually get lattes there)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
My Dad didn't like the coffee at Starbucks either. He's a coffee addict so he'd know, but I feel like all coffee in different stores taste the same to me. It's just the sugar that counts.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
As quiet as a grinder can be.... why?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Dave, she is beautiful! How much do those bad-boys run? I never have time to make my own, unless it's a Saturday or Sunday morning. BUT, at work, we actually brew Wawa coffee LOL

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Dave, she is beautiful! How much do those bad-boys run? I never have time to make my own, unless it's a Saturday or Sunday morning. BUT, at work, we actually brew Wawa coffee LOL

They're getting hard to find. Melitta has a newer, "smart" model that I would say is a waste of money at ~$200

Mine was $70 when we put it on our wedding registry 8 years ago and here it is at the same price:

And I would seriously consider 8 O'clock Columbian whole bean if you go that route. You'll be amazed at how good it is... it's won many awards against much more expensive competitors.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
juls1585 said:
the grinder has been around for probably 5 years now.
I've had this Melitta over 8 years now without an issue. Original screen and everything... broke the carafe once and had to replace it, though.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Keep in mind, I don't sleep in the kitchen! It would most like wake me up if it were in the next room, too.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Starbucks = overrated, and VERY overpriced. I keep hearing something like MCD's coffee is better.

I don't drink Coffee, i drink teas a lot, however my parents do. They drink Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee that they buy when they go to Jamaica. I find coffee to be horrible, yet when i tried the JBMC, it was really nice. Its expensive but its the best coffee in the world. My mom grinds the coffee fresh every morning.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Used to be a Starbuck's junkie. I despised DD and would call it dirty water. I've recently started enjoying it and now I mix my daily brew with Starbuck's/DD. Two cups of Pike Place brewed, followed up with DD in the afternoon. Some days I just brew and drink --- and repeat that all day. Depending on my mood, I replace Dunkin' with Starbuck's in the afternoon.

Oh and I own the same mugs as Dave.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
They're getting hard to find. Melitta has a newer, "smart" model that I would say is a waste of money at ~$200

Mine was $70 when we put it on our wedding registry 8 years ago and here it is at the same price:

And I would seriously consider 8 O'clock Columbian whole bean if you go that route. You'll be amazed at how good it is... it's won many awards against much more expensive competitors.
Very nice, looks like it received high ratings, too. Is the 8 O'clock something I can find local in our area? Or do you order online?

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Does anyone here drink Cuban coffee? Im talking the 1 ounce shot (i think its called a Cordito), that makes your heart rate go up.
I had one at this cuban restaurant in Miami as a dare from my friends.... i thought i was gona die LOL.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Does anyone here drink Cuban coffee? Im talking the 1 ounce shot (i think its called a Cordito), that makes your heart rate go up.
I had one at this cuban restaurant in Miami as a dare from my friends.... i thought i was gona die LOL.
I never tried it but after what you said I just might do. And uh, I drink Turkish coffee sometimes, that's the most famous in my country.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So, now we have a bacon, chocolate, wine and coffee threads. Who's going to start the pizza and beer threads?