Cold weather and touch screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jrbnc

Sep 14, 2007
I left the iPhone sitting on the trunk of a car the other day, while i was talking on it. Probably was 30 degrees out and was on the phone maybe 15 minutes. After the call i tryed to do anything on the screen but it wouldn't respond. music had resumed playing no problem after the call ended but the screen would not repond to any inputs. Top button and home button worked fine.

Anyone see this behaviour as well?

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
no i haven't and i live in downtown chicago and its been freezing out and everything works great just sucks to have to take off gloves to use the phone though

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
3 inches of snow today, and it got quite annoying that I had to take my gloves off to use my iPhone.

- John

fmjung

Oct 5, 2007
Solution

I posted a reply...in another thread regarding a new glove made by North Face that allows you to use your iPhone with the gloves on. It's called an Etip Glove.

"First of all, an Etip is nothing like a reservoir tip. The North Face Etip Glove’s fingertips don’t block the magnetic field emitted by your hands (like Magneto), which is how your iPod’s click wheel operates. You’ll be able to scroll through songs like a pro without taking your gloves off. This is great, now I just need a mitten I can leave on while flicking people off. The Etip gloves cost $40."

yup that sucks voyager sucks though even though it can do everything the iPhone can do

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I left the iPhone sitting on the trunk of a car the other day, while i was talking on it. Probably was 30 degrees out and was on the phone maybe 15 minutes. After the call i tryed to do anything on the screen but it wouldn't respond. music had resumed playing no problem after the call ended but the screen would not repond to any inputs. Top button and home button worked fine.

Anyone see this behaviour as well?
hahahaha sucks for you. i live in south cali and today it was 80 degrees....in december! lol. its been pretty nice here. but i might need some gloves that work with the iPhone when i go to georgia for xmas ....hmmmm....