Collection of ALL undocumented 2.1 features!

snverhallen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to an external forum, but this is a really useful thread, showcasing all the undocumented 2.1 features. Additionally it is updated constantly.

LINK

snverhallen

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
I don't feel like registering there, so I can post one or two here.

1) Podcasts play after another. Before, I'd play one podcast and it would stop when it ended. Now it goes to the next "show" in the same podcast group.

2) When pausing a song in iPod, and going to another app, before going back to iPod would take you to the main iPod screen. Now it takes you back to the song you paused. That's awesome to me.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Omg I had to change/reboot 4 times to get the AM/PM to show up on the lock screen, and now it's huge! Lol, how do I make it go away?

snverhallen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Omg I had to change/reboot 4 times to get the AM/PM to show up on the lock screen, and now it's huge! Lol, how do I make it go away?
Change your region settings back to what you were before (other than UK), and take it off 24h. clock.

snverhallen

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I finally got the "AM/PM" on my lock screen. All I did was first, turn off automatic time update and then I was able to change the time info from "Houston" to "Chicago" like my time zone support in mail,calendars was set to Chicago. I then turned auto time back on, turned on 24 hour time and did a hard reset. I then put am/pm back on after the reset and it's there now. Kinda like it. Weird though, how the extra time zone support is hidden behind the auto time set....

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Oh, nevermind. It just spontaneously went away this morning on its own after a simple reboot without changing any settings.

Didn't like it anyway.

Freaking Apple, I swear they're letting kindergarteners do their programming.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
Why do people care that much about AM/PM on their lock screen? Can't you tell the difference? Look outside. :D

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yahoo mail now seems to push reliably, and animated GIFs in Safari also work all the time. Not really features, just making note...

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Oh, nevermind. It just spontaneously went away this morning on its own after a simple reboot without changing any settings.
Mine is doing the same thing. So if I want it back, I have to go through the whole reboot in 24hr mode thing to get it back. I'm not going to do a clean install of the software if I don't have to and its a PITA to do the goofy reboot, so I might just live without it.

And to those who wonder why I'd need it. I work midnights and sleep durring the day and my room is pitch black durring the day, so it's nice to see the "am" if I wake up at 10am and not wonder if I overslept and it's 10pm.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I work midnights and sleep durring the day and my room is pitch black durring the day, so it's nice to see the "am" if I wake up at 10am and not wonder if I overslept and it's 10pm.
Wow... and I thought I had kooky sleeping habits! I also wish I could oversleep that much...

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Wow... and I thought I had kooky sleeping habits! I also wish I could oversleep that much...
Lol I've had that confusion maybe three times in my life - and alcohol was always involved.

I couldn't care less about the AM/PM thing either really, but Apples implementation of it, as is becoming common, was not even half-assed: It only appeared on most phones (mine) if you went through the repeated toggle/reboot process, and then disappeared (on mine) all on it's own after a day.