College update

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
So it's been awhile since I posted, I'm now in my fourth quarter of the Software Development program. I have Agile Web Development, Physics ( The study of Optics), and Intercultural Communication. I also applies for a $9000 technology scholarship and will find out the results in May. So with that out of the way, we got new shirts.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1429288775.693542.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Luckily I had grandparents to help me, but my point was that I wish I could have gotten something besides just $5,000 a semester for getting accepted. My college was private and therefore very expensive.
I'm confused. Your grandparents paid for your college education, but you wanted more than that and wanted to get paid to go? What about your bills - you didn't have to work to pay them?

I got academic scholarships to pay for some of my college since I had a 3.9 GPA and I also got the GI Bill since I was in the Air Force, but I still had to work to pay my bills. I didn't get any student loans because I didn't want to go into debt.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I'm confused. Your grandparents paid for your college education, but you wanted more than that and wanted to get paid to go? What about your bills - you didn't have to work to pay them?

I got academic scholarships to pay for some of my college since I had a 3.9 GPA and I also got the GI Bill since I was in the Air Force, but I still had to work to pay my bills. I didn't get any student loans because I didn't want to go into debt.
No, I wish I was able to get my own scholarships so I wouldn't need help with school tuition. What bills? I lived on campus. I paid for anything minor off campus, but legit bills I didn't have and I still don't have until I find a career and move out.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No, I wish I was able to get my own scholarships so I wouldn't need help with school tuition. What bills? I lived on campus. I paid for anything minor off campus, but legit bills I didn't have and I still don't have until I find a career and move out.
So your grandparents also pay for your room and board for the dorm, off-campus food, car insurance or public transportation costs if you don't drive, your phone bill and entertainment? That is very generous of them. Consider yourself very lucky.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
So your grandparents also pay for your room and board for the dorm, off-campus food, car insurance or public transportation costs if you don't drive, your phone bill and entertainment? That is very generous of them. Consider yourself very lucky.
I'm still on my parents car insurance and my mom and I are on same phone bill. I paid for off campus food and any entertainment myself. I have my own money from working part time 3 different jobs, 2 at the same time during high school. Room and board was included in the tuition bill.

Now I'm just looking for a career.