Color coded calendar event

Cheekz185

Feb 25, 2008
So with the new iPhone 3G i picked up on Friday, I thought the new calendar supported color coded events? Everything that is listed on "Day" it is all blue. in my MS Outlook I have it color coded but when i sync it, they all revert to BLUE. How do you get the colors workign inside the calendar? Or is this feature only supported wth Exchange Calendars?

netsyd

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado
www.steili.com
Maybe its only iCal (just a guess)? I do not use Entourage/Exchange to sync, so I can confirm that just using iCal mine is showing orange and blue events...

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I have a couple of calendar from google synced to my iCal and then synced to my iPhone and they are all different color. I don't know if your problem is because of Outlook.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
i thought outlook would be just fine but maybe it is your problem

Cheekz185

Feb 25, 2008
I created another calendar in outlook and the colors worked... So I synced 2 calendars 1 calendar is blue the other is green. It's weird I thought that the colors are diffener by each "event" not by calendar: It looks like you need multiple calendars to benefit from the colors

mikef1182

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Mine show the same color even though my Entourage/Exchange server has multiple calendars.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
From what I've heard & read, you have to create separate Outlook calendars for businesss, home, holiday, etc.. to have them color coded in iPhone.

wendycharles

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
i have 8 different calendars through ical and the color codes work great!

bacon_and_rice

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
i can't seem to sync my ical with m 3g?! iTunes options it gives me under info sync is to just sync my contacts, not my calendar, any suggestions?

techlogik

Jul 13, 2008
I think what you mean is defining things in Outlook at Business, Personal etc..and they each are defined with colors..or you can customize that.

There was a program called Today's Agenda in Windows Mobile that supported that and displayed it. So I guess if they didn't build it into the calendar program to support it, it doesn't.

Maybe once we get this thing unlocked and some apps, someone will have this hooked and working.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
i have outlook with multiple calendars but no colors on my 3G