colorware? Need feedback please :)

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I've ben looking to have my phone custom painted and really like what colorware provides. I trust all of you guys opinions here at eic so I was wondering if anyone has ever used them or know of anyone who has? I will also hapily take suggestions of other electonic custom paint companies as well.
Thanks guy!

Last edited by a moderator:

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I really wanted my phone painted too... But I'm kind of eh? About sending my phone away for three weeks... But I really love the caution yellow with black where the chrome bezel is... And 150 bux is a bit much...
For a custom paintjob - that's a steal. I might get it done tomorrow or so.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
LuckyKellyK posted some pics of her blackberry that she had done. She was very happy with it. Maybe you could PM her.

I think she posted them in off topic. I will look for the post.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I figure if I did get it done it would just add another three weeks of life to my phone. Plus I will keep this thing till the day its either broken beyond repair or outdated so I gotta get a new one anyways. I've personally never seen anyone with a custom painted iPhone before so I'd like to be able to show it off to all my friends.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Thanks kokogirl!

@ depthnerd,
you speak like you can just go drop it off and have it done so easaly?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Thanks kokogirl!

@ depthnerd,
you speak like you can just go drop it off and have it done so easaly?
I will just tell them what I want, pay them and then ship it. :D

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I called to ask these people questions about how long it takes, etc. The girl was so rude, she acted like I was bothering her with my questions. She told me it would take closer to a month with shipping time. I don't think I can be away from my phone that long, although it would be cool. But I do believe a lot of people who want this done are waiting for their 1 year warranty from Apple to end, so I am sure a lot more people will do it after this coming June.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
I would totaly LOVE to have mine done but wouldn't want to do it now with the talk of a new verson iPhone maybe coming out soon! Know what I mean?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
yes, I was thinking since it takes so long to get it don. That I might just order my next iPhone directly from them. Maybe the 16 gig or the next gen, what ever that might be. Then when it came in it would be brand new and custom painted.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
yes, I was thinking since it takes so long to get it don. That I might just order my next iPhone directly from them. Maybe the 16 gig or the next gen, what ever that might be. Then when it came in it would be brand new and custom painted.
oh hey this would be a great idea... Just might do this myself!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
i think my bigest hold up on having it don would be not being able to post on here from my phone all day lol. i don't really have anyone eles to talk to about the iPhone.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
That's probably a good idea; I love the metalflake option -- I'd take a trip down memory lane and call it my iDune Buggy!

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I figure if I did get it done it would just add another three weeks of life to my phone. Plus I will keep this thing till the day its either broken beyond repair or outdated so I gotta get a new one anyways. I've personally never seen anyone with a custom painted iPhone before so I'd like to be able to show it off to all my friends.
With my luck the very day after I have my phone painted it would break and have to be sent to Apple. Then I would be back with a regular looking, probably refurbished, phone.