Columbus,Ohio?

TheQSuxs

Jun 6, 2007
Is anyone planning on camping out in Columbus? I kind of figured the ghetto stores would not have the lines the nicer neighborhoods would have . I went by the store by Eastland mall ,and they didn't think anyone would be camping out for the phone .

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
oh the irony. Im in ohio right now. Delaware which is right near columbus i was in columbus earlier in the day. Road trip for the weekend from jersey

TheQSuxs

Jun 6, 2007
I am willing to bet money , their will be no line for the iPhone at the store I go to. The poor people in the ghetto barely can afford a revol phone or ampd mobile phone.

Tracy

Jun 19, 2007
reporter request for interview

Hi, I'm Tracy Turner and I'm a reporter at the Columbus Dispatch and I'm looking for people who plan to line up in advance to buy the iPhone. Could you give me a call at (614) 461-5268 today (Tues. June 19) if you plan to do so?

Thanks,

Tracy

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Is anyone planning on camping out in Columbus? I kind of figured the ghetto stores would not have the lines the nicer neighborhoods would have . I went by the store by Eastland mall ,and they didn't think anyone would be camping out for the phone .
Wow -- Eastland. I remember walking to that mall from home as a kid in the 60s back when the mall was new and shiny. What's it like now?

TheQSuxs

Jun 6, 2007
Where the hell is everyone in Columbus? They got cow towns in Ohio with more interest than the Capital. This makes no sense too me. I guess I will be the only person in line.

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Just a huge thanks sent out to all of the great people who were in
line at the S. Hamilton location here at Columbus, Ohio.

Thanks for letting me sneak over to Burger King to use
their facility, and hold my number one place in line.

All of the really "fun" conversations, and the neat people,
made it a PARTY.

It was an event I'll remember for many years to come.

Mike, Chris, Brandon? Jay, Steve, and of course
Morissa from the AT&T Store that had me out of there
by 6:12 PM Friday.

A very, very, very, short 14 hours in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks!

John

RAP1527

Jun 25, 2007
Polaris AT&T store

Likewise to the people at the Polaris store. There were five of us who spent about 17 hours together. It will truly be one of my "GrandPa stories" when I have grandchildren. Awesome experience and awesome phone!

Just a huge thanks sent out to all of the great people who were in
line at the S. Hamilton location here at Columbus, Ohio.

Thanks for letting me sneak over to Burger King to use
their facility, and hold my number one place in line.

All of the really "fun" conversations, and the neat people,
made it a PARTY.

It was an event I'll remember for many years to come.

Mike, Chris, Brandon? Jay, Steve, and of course
Morissa from the AT&T Store that had me out of there
by 6:12 PM Friday.

A very, very, very, short 14 hours in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks!

John

Simon Templar

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Infinite Rider On The Big Dogma
Wow -- Eastland. I remember walking to that mall from home as a kid in the 60s back when the mall was new and shiny. What's it like now?
Yes.....I too remember when Eastland first opened. It was the first true (compleatly enclosed) mall in Columbus (Westland was still an outdoor shopping center at that time). It was THE place to shop then. I still remember the fountain inside with the nylon cords which the water trickled down.

I need to make a trip back to town sometime. It's been over 15 years since the last time I got back.

Hmmmm....methinks I have just admitted to being an old fart.

......sT (native of Grandview Heights and Upper Arlington....about 300 years ago)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It's Easton Mall, not Eastland. And that's the nearest Apple store to me, so I'll be going to the nearest ATT store in Springfield, Ohio.

leinat5

Jun 23, 2010
iPhones at 5051 High Street Graceland Shopping Center, Columbus Ohio

Get in line, iPhones sold here! Small line has formed! Not all corporate stores will have phones.