Column Zoom in Safari (like iPhone)?

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
just wondering if anyone knows of a zoom similar to the safari's zoom function on iPhone safari browsers for MacBook Safari (or other browsers)

text zoom just doesn't make the cut when the page itself is restricted to the columns or frames it's set in...

googling and EiC search rendered nothing much...
thanks!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Try holding the control key, while doing the 2 finger scrolling. It'll zoom in and out depending on which way you scroll.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I use Control + Trackpad, like Savio suggested. The catch, however, is that this zooms the entire screen; for instance, the Dock and Menubar become invisible after so much scrolling.

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks Saverino & John, (just like John said),i picked that one up pretty quickly - but that one only does full screen zoom (even when the safari window is selected)

ideally i'd like to keep my 'desktop' zoom at 100% so i can see my surrounding windows, but have the page or forum i'm looking at within safari be at a specific zoom level)

like on iPhone's safari when i view this page, i can double-tap zoom to the width of these comment boxes/forum posts and skip looking at grey-area to the sides of the forum :)
thx again!

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I use Control + Trackpad, like Savio suggested. The catch, however, is that this zooms the entire screen; for instance, the Dock and Menubar become invisible after so much scrolling.
I love this nice little feature, everytime I show my mom something on my computer (picture or article), I have to do this, works fantastic.

I probably would never do it for web browsing, why not just hit Control + +, Control plus the (+) doesn't that increase the font?
Just an idea.

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I love this nice little feature, everytime I show my mom something on my computer (picture or article), I have to do this, works fantastic.

I probably would never do it for web browsing, why not just hit Control + +, Control plus the (+) doesn't that increase the font?
Just an idea.
that's a good idea too - i use it often when i don't feel like sitting as close to the laptop as i would at a desk - another catch being that font gets bigger, but then spills out of frames rather than stretching them
(example being w3schools.com , html coding site - the font gets bigger, but then harder to read since it ALL gets smashed out of its frame...

i hope Apple's thought of a dynamic zoom within safari to rival the iPhone's browser...