comcast email on iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NickT916, May 25, 2008.

1. NickT916

NickT916 Member

i tried adding my comcast email to the iphone but no success. im a bit confused with the host name for the incoming mail server and outgoing SMTP, can someone help out who has comcast already on iphone? thanks!
  2. ruttrow

ruttrow New Member

incoming, mail.comcast.net
    outgoing, smtp.comcast.net:username

This is what I use in mac mail and it works
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. trnsilver

trnsilver Zealot

Comcast also has a mobile application you can use, but I don't find it to be good.
  5. Wes61991

Wes61991 New Member

6. Xreds

Xreds New Member

So this may be an elementary question but once my phone's wifi and internet are working properly, how do I set up msn mail on phone?

Sorry to ask repetitive or novice like questions but all of this is very new to me.

Thanks!
  7. NickT916

NickT916 Member

i put that in and it says cannot connect using SSL "do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?" i tried yes but i got: IMAP account verification failed "IMAP server mail.comcast.net is not responding blah blah..."

why do simple things have to be so hard sometimes :(
  8. lancpa

lancpa New Member

When adding a new account make sure you hit the "pop" button, Imap is the default. Comcast does not support Imap.
    Incoming: pop.comcast.net
    outgoing: smtp.comcast.net
  9. Keeper35

Keeper35 New Member

For whatever it's worth, I just set up a Gmail account and have my comcast mail bounced to the gmail. It was really easy do do it that way.
  10. NickT916

NickT916 Member

thanks it worked! :) but its telling me it failed sending out mail? just able to receive
  11. trnsilver

trnsilver Zealot

Thats a cool idea Keeper. I have all my junk mail going to comcast and all my personal email going to gmail. How do you do that?
  12. powersrus

powersrus New Member

this is how I have mine

it is a (POP) account:

incoming: mail.comcast.net
    outgoing: smtp.comcast.net

Under the advance settings make sure you have (Use SSL) turned ON for both incoming and outgoing.
    Server Port incoming: 995
    Server Port outgoing: 587

This should make it work for you.
  13. comcaster007

comcaster007 New Member

Comcast Launches New Free Mobile Application for iPhone and iPod

Comcast is now on the iPhone bandwagon. On Thursday, Comcast, the largest cable operator in the U.S. by subscribers, announced a free application for the Apple device that lets customers check their Comcast email and home voice mail as well as surf their TV schedules.
    The application has gotten largely positive reviews in the blogosphere. Gizmodo calls it a “surprisingly nice little app,” while MobileCrunch says it’s “a good, solid offering

You can now forget about adding the POP email to your iPhone but get the full featured smartZone / comcast.net email on your iPhone with voicemail, call logs, call forwarding, TV lisitngs and On demand -

Download the App here from App store -http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320788270&mt=8