Comcast email

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
anyone using comcast as their email on the iPhone...

If so are you having problems emailing photos. I never had a problem intill lastnight..

Says the connection to the outgoing server smtp.comcast.net failed

never had this problem before

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
no I tried that but then noticed the address where I was trying to send the email was incorrect that is why I was getting that message... stupid me... some genius

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
I know someone posted this before me i saw it a week ago.... im sorry, but on my iPhone i couldnt send an email with my comcast email... the out going server is smtp.comcast.net please help me out :(

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
that was me that posted it.. I was just typing the email address incorrect try that otherwise nothing really is wrong.. let me know if you did the same thing I did

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
go to settings then scroll to the bottom theres an advanced tab then shut off ssl check. this worked for me

KGMJr32

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Boston, MA
I never had a lot of luck with comcast and the phone. The comcast website actually has posted some FAQs on this subject. I have tried everything I have read and then some with little to no luck.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Got comcast too....sometimes I'll receive email on my phone and sometimes I don't. Like it works once in awhile.

Diablo25

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
PA
I also have Comcast and my iPhone won't get ANY of my emails anymore. Worked fine ever since I got the Phone over a year ago. I just updated to Outlook 2007 so I am guessing that is where the issue is but all the settings are correct on the phone. I don't know what the hell is going on.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Try this link guy's. It has pic of someone that got it to work on edge and 3G.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 5, 2009
Be sure your Outgoing server is set correctly according to your service provider (when on wifi!).

While I don't use a cox or comcast email, I do use one hosted from my own website. Emails always receive fine, but when Im connected via wifi, and attempted to send an email, they would never go through, because cox specifically requires all outgoing email to go through their own outgoing server. Its so annoying. :(