Comcast settings?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
ok someone out there has had to of gotten COMCAST synced to their iPhone by now, can you please share the settings because I was on the phone with AT&T for an hour and they didn't help plus they hung up on me and didn't call me back.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Here you go - Atleast Comcast supports iPhone users they even have it on their own website:

http://www.comcast.com/Customers/FAQ/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=4273

1. If this is the first account you?re setting up on iPhone, select Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen choose Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
  2. Under the email account type section choose Other.
  3. Select POP as the server type and enter your account information.
    Your email address: username@comcast.net
    The email server type (POP)
    Incoming mail server: mail.comcast.net
    Outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net
  4. Enter your username and password. Your username is the part of your email address before the @ symbol.​

I don't have comcast so cant tell you if it works or not..

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
dude that worked perfect thx a million, yeah the one setting AT&T didn't tell me anything about was POP, I was setting it up under IMAP

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
No problem, just a side note incase you didn't know.. when you go and set that up since it is POP goto advanced settings under that mail account and make sure u choose whether you want it to delete from server or not..

I don't know how Comcast email works imap or pop im guessing pop like road runner just reading those steps so if you use like Mozilla thunderbird or Outlook some thing like that you might wanna choose to keep mail on server from the iPhone until you delete it it manually via webmail or like if your outlook or something controls it

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
hey hope you can help me out with one last thing. I been looking on my comcast mailbox but can't find that option anywhere so i can just get mail from now on and not the 400+ that's in my inbox. thx

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
You need to look at your email settings on outlook and not on the comcast website. I just set up my friends moms computer for comcast email and you need to go under advanced under the options.