Comex hired by Apple!

greasemuntney

Bronze
Apr 4, 2010
Alabama

Just in from around the world. Comex the well know hacker of spirit ,jailbreakme and jailbreakMe.com has now started to work with Apple.

@comex
comex
It's been really, really fun, but it's also been a while and I've been getting bored.
1 hour ago via web

@comex
comex
So, the week after next I will be starting an internship with Apple.
1 hour ago via web

This is major lose to the jailbreak community as a whole.

But just think now we have someone on the inside.

I guess Apple figures if we can't stop him, We might as well hire him.

Good luck to comex and don't forget where you came from.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Everybody has a price, even though he's just an intern.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just in from around the world. Comex the well know hacker of spirit ,jailbreakme and jailbreakMe.com has now started to work with Apple.

@comex
comex
It's been really, really fun, but it's also been a while and I've been getting bored.
1 hour ago via web

@comex
comex
So, the week after next I will be starting an internship with Apple.
1 hour ago via web

This is major lose to the jailbreak community as a whole.

But just think now we have someone on the inside.

I guess Apple figures if we can't stop him, We might as well hire him.

Good luck to comex and don't forget where you came from.

I wouldn't consider him a man on the inside. I'm sure he'll have to sign a confidentiality agreement and he's not going to want to risk the consequences of leaking information to hackers.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I think this could be a good thing, who know's what developers like, Comex will bring to the table. I'm looking forward to what these guys can do. Look at Peter Hajas -the man behind MobileNotifier, he's doing well.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
Cant this potently ruin the Jailbreak community? Will the rest of the Dev Team still produce a jailbreak?
I Love the iPhone but without the jailbreak, it is not the phone for me. I use it for functionality, not for stealing apps, (except for 2 that I used once..)

No jailbreak for iOS5 means that I would probably jump ship. (or play with other phones for a little while)

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
There are many gifted individuals out there that have potential to replace the Dev team members who have moved on. Only time will tell.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Moved to the iPhone Jailbreak forum.
Cant this potently ruin the Jailbreak community? Will the rest of the Dev Team still produce a jailbreak?
I Love the iPhone but without the jailbreak, it is not the phone for me. I use it for functionality, not for stealing apps, (except for 2 that I used once..)

No jailbreak for iOS5 means that I would probably jump ship. (or play with other phones for a little while)
No. I wouldn't worry about that at all. There are plenty of other iPhone hackers that will continue to work on jailbreaks.