Comex jailbreak released

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Restoring from backup definitely fixes MMS / FaceTime issue. My SHSH files are also stored with Saurik after loading Cydia :eek:k:eek:k

Still, I'm waiting for an actual fix to the problem.
restoring from a backup you made before the JB i'm assuming....unfortunately i don't have one...even though i did back it up before i did the jb...

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
Well, I have Suave installed, but for some reason after installing Winterboard, app names get dimmed out a bit. I can't wait for most of these themes to get updated for Retina display.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
restoring from a backup you made before the JB i'm assuming....unfortunately i don't have one...even though i did back it up before i did the jb...
When in iTunes, right click on your iPhone and then select "restore from backup." It will put all your original settings back on and not mess with the jailbreak. MMS and FaceTime should then return.

After doing the above myself, I haven't noticed any "call forwarding" messages on my device.

Before the jailbreak, I made sure to do a fresh restore of my phone, backed it up, performed a jailbreak, then restored from the freshly created backup I made to be certain no issues would arise.

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Thank you for helping me! My iPhone 4 is jailbroken.

I did install Ultrasn0w on my 3gs but have no idea if it worked.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
If you call sliding a thumb, Jailbreaking....

lol.
Dude, what is your deal? In my many years here, I have never argued with or called out anyone here, but your comments are just downright annoying as of late. Just from the few posts of yours that I've happened across in the past few weeks.

Yes, I do call it jailbreaking regardless of how easy it is. I've been jailbreaking iPhones likely longer than you have if not at least as much, and have done a wide variety of different types of jailbreaks that require large spectrum of different skill levels and technical know-how. My point with this post:

I've jailbroken 2 iPhone 4s so far, and both have the weird colored pixels after jailbreaking when respringing.
Was just to let people know that it's happened on multiple iPhones, and it's not just an isolated issue.

Copy & Paste. I like it.
And this response? What do you expect the guy to do? Do you want him to completely rewrite DFU instructions in his own words? He's trying to be helpful to the people reading this thread that may very likely need restore help.

It makes you come off as arrogant, and I'd really like to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're not how you really are.

Mods, chide me if this is considered a "personal attack," but you all know I've been a long-standing member here, and I don't speak unless I have something constructive to add, so these types of posts just rub me the wrong way as they just simply aren't helpful.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well, I have Suave installed, but for some reason after installing Winterboard, app names get dimmed out a bit. I can't wait for most of these themes to get updated for Retina display.

Just letting you know, Suave actually has been updated for Retina Display. Link.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Dude, what is your deal? In my many years here, I have never argued with or called out anyone here, but your comments are just downright annoying as of late. Just from the few posts of yours that I've happened across in the past few weeks.

Yes, I do call it jailbreaking regardless of how easy it is. I've been jailbreaking iPhones likely longer than you have if not at least as much, and have done a wide variety of different types of jailbreaks that require large spectrum of different skill levels and technical know-how. My point with this post:

Was just to let people know that it's happened on multiple iPhones, and it's not just an isolated issue.

And this response? What do you expect the guy to do? Do you want him to completely rewrite DFU instructions in his own words? He's trying to be helpful to the people reading this thread that may very likely need restore help.

It makes you come off as arrogant, and I'd really like to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're not how you really are.

Mods, chide me if this is considered a "personal attack," but you all know I've been a long-standing member here, and I don't speak unless I have something constructive to add, so these types of posts just rub me the wrong way as they just simply aren't helpful.
It's all sarcasm. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I should have wrote 'lol' on the end. MY bad.

Seriously, I wasn't having a go or being nasty, please don't read my posts too deeply.

Friends?

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
It's all sarcasm. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I should have wrote 'lol' on the end. MY bad.

Seriously, I wasn't having a go or being nasty, please don't read my posts too deeply.

Friends?
Sure thing bro. My sarcasm font got corrupted with the jailbreak issues. ;)

I have a dry sense of humor too, so I can appreciate it, it's just hard to convey that in text. I actually am now remembering unintentionally offending someone on Facebook just the other day, so I can relate. We're good! (y)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I copied and pasted but i posted my source ! Lol
In addition to my response to, seanwes. I didn't mean to come across as arrogant or rude/nasty etc...

Just having a laugh, my sense of humour must be way off at the moment.

Sorry if I offended you.

comncense

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Comex says he thinks he's figured out the issue with Facetime and MMS. That's good because I've tried restoring from backup about 4 times and it's still not working. I'll go back to stock and wait for the updated jailbreak.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Sure thing bro. My sarcasm font got corrupted with the jailbreak issues. ;)

I have a dry sense of humor too, so I can appreciate it, it's just hard to convey that in text. I actually am now remembering unintentionally offending someone on Facebook just the other day, so I can relate. We're good! (y)
Good to hear, this is only a forum and life it too short for silly little things. Glad I/we cleared things up.

I'm still pissed that I can't download Cydia on my iPhone 4. It's getting annoying.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
In addition to my response to, seanwes. I didn't mean to come across as arrogant or rude/nasty etc...

Just having a laugh, my sense of humour must be way off at the moment.

Sorry if I offended you.
No worries, I don't think you are that type of person. Just a miscommunication.

Good to hear, this is only a forum and life it too short for silly little things. Glad I/we cleared things up.

I'm still pissed that I can't download Cydia on my iPhone 4. It's getting annoying.
Are you having trouble with jailbreakme.com?

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Comex says he thinks he's figured out the issue with Facetime and MMS. That's good because I've tried restoring from backup about 4 times and it's still not working. I'll go back to stock and wait for the updated jailbreak.
We're talking about this in the other thread.

Scott posted this:

scottjf8 said:
OK GUYS, it's fixed

Install this repo in Cydia

iPhonedelivery.advinux.com/cydia/

Then install the package inside it, and reboot. Mine works perfectly now.
I can confirm this works! Just restored, jailbroke again, and installed the package from iPhonedelivery.advinux.com/cydia/. I then rebooted, and once it came back up, MMS was back. FaceTime wasn't, but I was able to enable it in Settings > Phone > FaceTime!

Last edited by a moderator: