Coming back to an iPhone from Android!

1. ZomBombz

ZomBombz New Member

Well my mobile phone contract is due to end in the next couple of days, and after 2 years of Android I'm ready to come back.....!

I had an iPhone 3GS for a year, and then changed to a Samsung Galaxy S, to see what all the fuss about Android was. And there was a lot to like at the start.

I liked being able to use custom ROMs, and widgets etc, but over the last while I was beginning to get a little fed up with the certain aspects of the phones performance. A little lag here, a freeze there, having custom software was great in some ways, but buggy as hell in others. After the initial novelty of widgets wore off I found myself not using them, save maybe for the clock.

The apps, while plentiful, are unscreened and thereforee you have to pick through a lot of really really poor ones to get to the good stuff. And also you never know exactly how an app will run on your particular handset.

So I'm ready to come back to an iPhone! I miss the simplicity, the quality, and knowing that the device will work as I want it to. I'm not being down on Android, it has many good features, and is hugely customisable. If I had the time for constant ROM flashing, and tweaking I would probably stick with it, but I don't anymore, I just want something that works well exactly as I want it to.

So in a couple of days I'm going to pick up a shiny new 4s, and re-join the Apple family....and I can't wait!

• Like Like x 3
  2. chris

chris Administrator Administrator

Welcome back to iPhone and to everythingiCafe! ;)

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. verwon

verwon Evangelist Bronze

Welcome back!

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator Moderator

They always come back...

• Like Like x 1
  6. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist Silver

They sure do. Surprised it took him 2 years. Only took me a month. Lol!

• Like Like x 1
  7. furndaddy

furndaddy Contributor Bronze

Welcome back (the theme song to "Welcome Back Kotter" is playing in my head as I say this.) Man I'm old!

• Like Like x 2
  8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

Now it's stuck in my head....Thanks. Lol

9. ZomBombz

ZomBombz New Member

So it's been 24 hours and it's like I've never been away!

Everything just works exactly like it should! No more waiting, no more freezes, no resets!

I do miss the text autofit on the web browser though, but that's a minor thing.

So, seeing as I've been away for 2 years, can you guys recommend any essential apps that I should download?

10. voxnbass

voxnbass New Member

I switched from 2 years of Android back to ios .....the hardware and reliable functionality of the iPhone will keep me here for a good while. :). Nice when things just work!

11. Chancellor

Chancellor Member Bronze

Lol I feel ya, ive gone back and forth a few times myself.

12. lwerle

lwerle Member Bronze

A guy I work with just got the iPhone 4s. He came from a Verizon droid. He's going back because he misses the blinking notification light....I hated that about BB! I don't miss it at all!

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

After he gets his Android, be sure to mention that the iPhone does have the LED alerts....

14. TheKrishna

TheKrishna New Member

Best app in my opinion is appsgonefree. Everyday it updates you with Apps from the app store that have done free for the day or week or whatever. Got a lot of great games and other apps with it.

15. lwerle

lwerle Member Bronze

Only on the back of the phone though right? I get why people like the notifications but I don't miss it.

16. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

Yes, as far as I know. Since there isn't an led on the front.

17. lwerle

lwerle Member Bronze

so I can see where that presents a problem if that's important to you. I never had a droid. I came straight from BB. I went right to the top!

• Like Like x 1
  18. voxnbass

voxnbass New Member

It's not enough of a selling point for me. Phone working is higher up lol