Coming to USA to buy an iPhone want v1.0.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Frosty

Jun 6, 2007
Hi Guys,

I will be traveling to California (San Jose) from Australia week after next and I want to pick up an iPhone while there for use back home.

Looks like I really need a v1.0.2 - I know how to tell from the un-opened box what firmware vs the unit has but will the Apple Store sales people let me choose!

I guess the units arn't just on the shelf for me to sort through and they would typically just grab the next one from "out the back"...

Any thoughts and how to approach this?

Any one have any idea if there are many v1.0.2 left in stock?

Many Tks

Frosty

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Good luck finding one
I can save you time and headeach ( but not money)
I'm selling a totaly unlock for $500 brand new ( it retail for $432)
I'm in los angeles

or you can try Apple store and ask to see the box
yes they will let you see the box just ask
and check the serial and the next store then the next store

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
maybe if you get a 1.1.1 one you can doengrsde it.... Stupid iPhone syopped makin corrections. Ley me do it manually... DOWNGRADE it.

Bleh, this keuboard is really pissing me off.

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
check for the serial number numbers 4 and 5 should be under "39"
your best bet is to buy it at an AT&T store, not in an Apple store... i just bought 3 this wednesday, all with the 1.0.2 FW

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Hi Guys,

I will be traveling to California (San Jose) from Australia week after next and I want to pick up an iPhone while there for use back home.
Isn't the iPhone gonna be sold in Australia within the next few months?
Why not wait just a bit more abd have yourself an iPhone you can update without risking to brick it?

Frosty

Jun 6, 2007
Ok thanks for that - I didn't think of going to an AT&T store - are their sales people more willing to pick out the right one I want? Should I just ask for the version I want or is that giving it away?

Frosty

check for the serial number numbers 4 and 5 should be under "39"
your best bet is to buy it at an AT&T store, not in an Apple store... i just bought 3 this wednesday, all with the 1.0.2 FW

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Hi Guys,

Looks like I really need a v1.0.2 - I know how to tell from the un-opened box what firmware vs the unit has but will the Apple Store sales people let me choose!

I guess the units arn't just on the shelf for me to sort through and they would typically just grab the next one from "out the back"...

Any thoughts and how to approach this?

Any one have any idea if there are many v1.0.2 left in stock?

Many Tks

Frosty
I just got mine today from an Apple store; sorry- not in Cali. (Ardmore, PA). All the ones my store had were 1.0.2. He literally pulled out every box for me to confirm. I counted about 20 of them. They were 38's.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
We need to start spreading the word around that 1.1.1 works just fine. I am running 1.1.1 fully jailbroken and will run ANY sim. I don't know why people want a 1.0.2 phone.

Frosty

Jun 6, 2007
Tks for all your help guys..

So has anyone noticed any v1.0.2 iPhone's in either Apple & AT&T shops in the Bay Area?

I will be there this time next week..

It still looks easier to unlock a v1.0.2... to me anyhow...

Tks

Frosty

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Tks for all your help guys..

So has anyone noticed any v1.0.2 iPhone's in either Apple & AT&T shops in the Bay Area?

I will be there this time next week..

It still looks easier to unlock a v1.0.2... to me anyhow...

Tks

Frosty

WHAT?!?!?! After all I did in this post giving sites and all :p.....some people I swear....LOL

BTW Apple hlated all shipments of iPhones to stores so that they can upgrade them.

Frosty

Jun 6, 2007
Hi Guys

Well I am here in the Bay Area now and went to about 5-6 AT&T stores today trying to get a v1.0.2 - one store had about 20 so I slapped my credit card down for 2 off them (the guy in the store was quite happy to check serial numbers and pick out some week 37 ones for me)....

But as he tried to run then through their computer to make the invoice he said ... ""mmmm thats weird" said hang on and went out the back...

he came back saying sorry he cant sell me any of the ones prior to week 39 as they have all been taken off their system for return to Apple :( he was sorry that he missed the sale - I did buy a week 39 one though..

Now if I am correct Apple updated to v1.1.1 during week 39 so perhaps mine is a v1.0.2 - but how can I tell ?

I need to activate it to find out don't I - I have the program from these guys http://aussieiPhoneunlock.com/ that will do the activation (well I think it will) and I guess I can see version numbers then, but do I don't want to run their activation software in case it is a v1.1.1 and mess it up...

Has an easy 1.1.1 activate/unlock method been released yet?

Should I just pop it back in the box and wait till one does?

Any help would be gratefuly appreciated - I have a few friends in Australia wanting me to bring them iPhone back with me but don't really want to take them back something that wont be unlockable..

Frosty

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
After all that posting you forgot to read my post:sick::sick:. Yes, there is a jailbreak and unlock method for version 1.1.1. Research before you shop;)

Frosty

Jun 6, 2007
After all that posting you forgot to read my post:sick::sick:. Yes, there is a jailbreak and unlock method for version 1.1.1. Research before you shop;)
Hi There,

yeah I have read the link and there appears to be many people having problems I'm not sure if its just because they are not following the steps correctly or not.

I does look all a little complicatef for my liking - any other suggestions ;)

Tks

Frosty