COMMUNITY, I need your help.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I haven't been around much lately but for those who have been here know that I have contributed a lot here. I was just trying to update to 1.1.3 Jailbreakable

And now I'm having some trouble.

All that shows up is PLEASE CONNECT TO iTunes with a yellow triangle.

I had F/W 1.0.2 So I knew I had to update to 1.1.1 at least to go to 1.1.3

I mistakingly hit restore instead of upgrade *or whatever it is called to advance in FW*

I tried RESTORING to a NEWER FW, now iTunes does not recognize my iPhone at all.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nice to see you back.

Have you tried booting from recovery in iBrickr? I've seen a few posts where this solved some problems.

- John

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Whew not as serious as I thought.

Alright that seemed to fix the boot issue. Now the next step is updating to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2, iTunes says 1.0.2 is the latest fw. lol.

I guess it is time to update iTunes

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Adapt and overcome.
I have never done that before. I'm usually EXTREMELY good with that but I wasn't watching its progression because I was going to run and get pizza and one thing led to another.

I do not want my experience to discourage any members from doing this. The mistake was MY OWN. User error.

This goes to show even experienced users can get into trouble if you aren't careful.

PS: Im from jersey too.

PPS: Ibrickr isn't sending apps to my phone anymore, It says it is soft resets and then they don't appear. I think I need to do a restore forreal and then RE jaiil break.