Comparing products from different stores

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by silvermoon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Often when I go to the store before I make a purchase, I like to shop around and see if I'm getting the best deal. This means going from store to store and checking prices for items. Is there an app that already does this? It would be even better if the app can also check if the item is at a particular store. So it would be like Google Shopping or Nextag.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can check store prices online. Just go to the website for each store you want to check. Be sure to check Newegg and Amazon prices as well.

3. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I know that is one way to do it. Are you saying there is no app that will compare items at multiple stores?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm not sure. I don't rely on apps for this type of thing. I just check store prices online. I was just providing an alternative to wasting time driving to the stores to check prices.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

That would be difficult to do with all the price changes that take place. There is an app that tracks chosen products for price reductions. It's called WishPlz.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wishplz-shopping-list-builder/id776447044?mt=8

There's other similar apps.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Some of the barcode scanner apps will show you prices of items at different local stores, but you have to be at 1 store and scan the barcode of the item.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I often rely on Amazon for best prices, so use that as a base comparison when I'm out shopping. I'll use their app and scan the bar code before buying.

Google Shopping is not really a price comparison tool. I believe that's a paid advertisement. They might show prices, but it's not why the selected group of retailers are included.

When I shop online, I use the deal sites. If there is something in particular I'm looking for, I'll search by name at a site like Slickdeals. That might produce a deal that's expired, but I'll have an idea of what I can get it for and where to look. They also allow you to setup deal alerts for specific terms.