Comparison of Glass screen protectors?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jaw2k9

Bronze
Aug 9, 2010
Ok, I am not fond of screen protectors, and to be honest, I have not used one for more than about a week at a time - I get annoyed, crap under screen, bubbles, not straight, edges peel, etc. So I end up with no protector.

Is the glass on the new phone 6 plus, better same, worse?
If I did start using one, what's best, easiest to install, least flawed, etc. There are many to choose from and to be honest, it just gets old very fast.

jaw2k9

Bronze
Aug 9, 2010
Thanks - I admit, if I could stroll into my local best buy, get them to match the price on Amazon, and perform the install while I waited, I could certainly give it a go.

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
I always use a screen protector. A new phone doesn't even leave the store without one being installed. I'm using a tempered glass screen protector for the first time ever and I love it. I always used to use the anti-glare friction types because they showed up less. I was a pro at applying them and getting zero bubbles, with perfect alignment. But they get ratty after a while and than makes me crazed. The Verizon folks recommended a tempered glass screen protector when I picked up my iPhone 6 and I said ok. Loving it now!

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I always use a screen protector. A new phone doesn't even leave the store without one being installed. I'm using a tempered glass screen protector for the first time ever and I love it. I always used to use the anti-glare friction types because they showed up less. I was a pro at applying them and getting zero bubbles, with perfect alignment. But they get ratty after a while and than makes me crazed. The Verizon folks recommended a tempered glass screen protector when I picked up my iPhone 6 and I said ok. Loving it now!
I've never been a fan of screen protectors - until I tried a tempered glass one.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey