Comparison of music apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by silvermoon, Jun 6, 2014.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I just started using iTunes Radio to listen to different music and before that, I had Pandora. I've heard a lot of hype about Spotify and how their service is the best for the price. What other services are out there? Any recommendations?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't know what you're looking for, but Spotify is, IMO, the best. But you might try Rdio.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rdio/id335060889?mt=8

3. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I've used Rhapsody for years, and am very happy with it. I stuck with it when Spotify came to the states because it seemed to have a better music collection and paid the artists a bit more. I'm not sure that's true any more or not. I think it's the same price as Spotify/Rdio.

4. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

What do you like about Spotify? I'm also interested in the price plan(s) and quality. For awhile, Pandora was my goto app for music.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've tried maybe 4 music apps. Spotify just seemed to work best and look nicer. I don't like paying a monthly on any of them. So I just do free stuff now. Mostly been listening to a lot of Radio Paradise. I don't care much for most of today's music.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I wrote this on the best music streaming apps a while back, but much of the information is still valid. Spotify has a promotion where you get 3 months for the price of 1. You might qualify for the student discount.

I really enjoy Beats too.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Here's the link to the Spotify 3 for 1. If you signed up previously for a trial, you are not eligible. I'm guessing a unique email address is sufficient to trip up the filter.