Compass Mobile Stand for iPad mini review

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by GailLA, Apr 8, 2012.

1. GailLA

GailLA Contributor
    Bronze

I'm having trouble uploading pictures this morning, so no pics for now. I recently took a trip to New York City and checked out the awesome new Grand Central Store. While there I had a pleasant time looking at the accessories department.

I had never noticed or heard of this product before. I bought a Compass Mobile Stand for my iPad. I bought the black version. They also had the silver/grey stands in stock. It is on the expensive side at $39.95, but you get what you pay for. It is metal with soft rubbery material covering the contact points. It seems to be sturdy and made with precision. It is beautifully packaged. It comes with an instruction sheet and a travel bag. When folded it is small and slips easily into purse, briefcase, or an iPad case with an accessory pocket. It holds my iPad in portrait or landscape. It is perfect for reading, surfing the web or viewing movies. It also has a position for typing in landscape. It works like an easel, with three legs supporting the iPad at all times. I find that the rubbery material keeps the iPad from slipping on the Compass. It holds the iPad a lot more securely than propping it up on the Smart Cover. I'd definitely give this product 5 stars. I'm really glad I found it.

Since I can't post a picture at this time, here is a link to the manufacturer's web site:

http://twelvesouth.com/products/compass/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. GailLA

GailLA Contributor
    Bronze

I was finally able to post my pics. One shows my iPad on the compass stand. The other shows the Grand Central store.

One more note about the Compass stand. There is enough clearance to use the iPad in portrait while charging. I really like that.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Attached Files: