Compatibility Questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jimjoe45

May 21, 2007
I am very interested in purchasing an iPhone but am curious as to how compatible they will be with PC. I have I-tunes as my multimedia program. But in what about things like bookmarks and Internet Explorer. Or receiving e-mail without a .mac account. Any insite into the compatabilty would be helpful. I am very excited about this device but don't want to e left out just cause i own a PC.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I am very interested in purchasing an iPhone but am curious as to how compatible they will be with PC. I have I-tunes as my multimedia program. But in what about things like bookmarks and Internet Explorer. Or receiving e-mail without a .mac account. Any insite into the compatabilty would be helpful. I am very excited about this device but don't want to e left out just cause i own a PC.
iPods work great on PCs. I expect the iPhone to be more of the same.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Apple already is aiming at a small percent of users. There is no way they will exclude pcs.
The reason I say small targe of users is because:
-Price
-Locked in Company
-(2 year contract) possibly
-etc.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Apple already is aiming at a small percent of users. There is no way they will exclude pcs.
The reason I say small targe of users is because:
-Price
-Locked in Company
-(2 year contract) possibly
-etc.
If you're talking about their agreement with At&t, you can make that five years. And with the leak about pre-paid iPHone plans, there might not even be a two year commitment from At&t users.

olafene

May 22, 2007
Arizona
The common Mac misconception.

Just because it has a mac logo stamped on it, doesn't mean it won't work with other similar things or applications (Microsoft being the biggest example). The Macintosh Operating System, OS X, has come a long way in regards to compatibility, usability, and cross-platform support.

But you probably started to learn this by reading the FAQs, as was suggested. I just wanted to throw in my two cents as usual. :p