Compilation album displays as two items.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BMWbiker

Jul 31, 2011
UK
Running latest iTunes software (updated 26 October 2015) on PC with Windows10. iPhone6, iPod Nano and iPad2

I bought 'Buddha Deluxe Lounge, Vol 10' from iTunes Store. It has 50 tracks plus two bonus 'continuous play' tracks. Very bizarrely it appears twice on my iTunes My Music list - one with tracks 1 ,2, 3 and 5 and the other has all the rest. Exploring the 'Get Info'\File tab I find all the titles in the same file within Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Compilations\Buddha Deluxe Lounge, Vol 10. In each listing I can get the rest of the album to display by clicking the 'Show complete album' tab.

No matter what I have tried, including deleting and downloading again, it will not display or play correctly on my PC or my iPhone 6 or iPad. Does anybody have any ideas of how to resolve this?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Does anybody have any ideas of how to resolve this?
This has solved the problem for me in the past:

On iTunes on your PC, highlight all the tracks from all the discs on that compilation album. Right click. Get Info. Place a checkmark in the "compilation" field, thus:

compilation.png

You must then re-sync your iTunes to your iPhone and iPad to update the tracks' newly changed "compilation" status on those devices.

Let me know if it works for you!

BMWbiker

Jul 31, 2011
UK
This has solved the problem for me in the past:

On iTunes on your PC, highlight all the tracks from all the discs on that compilation album. Right click. Get Info. Place a checkmark in the "compilation" field, thus:

View attachment 43457
You must then re-sync your iTunes to your iPhone and iPad to update the tracks' newly changed "compilation" status on those devices.

Let me know if it works for you!
Many thanks. Gave it a try but no luck

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Many thanks. Gave it a try but no luck
Awww, I'm sorry. I wish it had fixed it for you—it's worked for me. However, I've never had to do it to iTunes-purchased albums—only to my own albums ripped off CDs. Maybe you could send iTunes some feedback and see if they have anything to say about it—after all, they sold it to you "broken"!