Complete noob questions.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
I have of course wanted the iPhone since I first heard about it, and will finally be getting one within the next couple of weeks. I am upgrading (big time) from a RAZR, and have never owned any type of smart phone.

My first big question is, since I've waited this long, should I wait longer for the next iPhone to come out? It already has all the features I would want, except for 3G. My main use will be as a phone, for email, and quick web searches, iPod use will be occasional.

How durable is the phone, especially the screen if I keep it caseless? At most I think I would get a screen protector. The phone is just too cool and sleek to cover with a case. (But I would if it is recommended)

I have played with it so much in the Apple store, it feels like I already own one! I enjoy looking through these forums and seeing (mostly) very happy people with the phone. Thanks.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The only possible time I could think they would release another version of the iPhone is possibly at MacWorld. If you can wait another couple months you really don't lose anything if they don't announce other one except a few months lost of iPhone use. However if they do announce a new one, you'll be right there to get it. It's doubtful the release would be 3G though, so it wouldn't only probably be minor updates. It's really up to you.

The screen is pretty durable. I would still recommend a case or screen protector just to be safe.

jay12

Oct 18, 2007
i upgraded from a razr too! ;)

i understand your concern with 3G, but i was surprised how fast Edge is in my area. as far as e-mails, it does take a few days to get accustomed to typing but it does work well once you do.

i love my phone and its very user friendly. i modded mine and there are a lot of great apps available. i would recommend getting a screen protector at least ( i use the anti-glare one they sell at Apple and it works great)

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
3 things:

• You only have one life.
  • Waiting is for pansies.
  • The iPhone is a platform not a phone. It will be improved.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Thank you for the responses. I pretty much had my mind set to get it anyway, I've waited too long already :cool:. I have a feeling I will be on here all the time once I get it too.