Comply Whoomps - Mini Review

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SDMahan

Jul 9, 2007
For those of you that HATE the fit/feel of Apple's iPhone earbuds but love the play/pause/answer button, there is a cheap and effective solution. Previously released for the stock iPod earbuds, Comply's Whoomps attach to the stock buds and convert them to in-ear buds.

I've tried the Griffin Ear Jams, but they distort the quality of the sound with too much bass. Everything sounded muddy to me. The Comply Whoomps get around this by venting the sound through pin-holes. The combination of these vents, Comply's ear foams (which are not replaceable), and the angle at which they attach to Apple's buds make these a clear winner.

Last shameless plug: I'll have a longer review with pictures on my blog, http://techgeekblog.com (which has been dormant a few months and is being resurrected this weekend).

Further information on this product can be found on Comply's website.

adamjohn_98

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I also purchased these and so far, I agree that the sound quality is good, but the thick rubber that keeps the enhancers attached to the earbuds hurts my ears after only about 2-3 minutes. Have you experienced this problem?

SDMahan

Jul 9, 2007
While the Whoomps aren't as comfortable as my expensive in ear monitors, I find that they are comfortable enough for short-term (1-2 hours) wearing.

I found that I had to adjust the angle of the Whoomps a few times to get the best fit.

I also purchased these and so far, I agree that the sound quality is good, but the thick rubber that keeps the enhancers attached to the earbuds hurts my ears after only about 2-3 minutes. Have you experienced this problem?