Concern about AT&T frequency!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
I was just browsing and reading in the Accessories section about the iHome radio. There was mention about Cingular (ATT) phones next to speakers. I have had Cingular for years now, and whenever its by a speaker...it goes buck wild.

This got me thinking about the iPhone...and if I have it in my car (or any speaker for that matter) playing as my iPod, and I get a call...I have a feeling everything will go crazy due to that "incoming call frequency". It even does it a lot of times when it doesn't have an incoming call on the way.

Just realizing this is a big concern for me...its so loud and annoying.

Can anybody relate?
Solutions?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I was just browsing and reading in the Accessories section about the iHome radio. There was mention about Cingular (ATT) phones next to speakers. I have had Cingular for years now, and whenever its by a speaker...it goes buck wild.

This got me thinking about the iPhone...and if I have it in my car (or any speaker for that matter) playing as my iPod, and I get a call...I have a feeling everything will go crazy due to that "incoming call frequency". It even does it a lot of times when it doesn't have an incoming call on the way.

Can anybody relate?
Solutions?
I think that this is a problem with all GSM phones.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Can anybody relate?
Solutions?
I've used iTunes on two different Cingular phones that I own and taking a call while listening to iTunes never gives me any problems. I own both the ROKR and the SLVR and neither has any trouble taking calls in mid-jam.:)

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
I know the annoying sound your talking about, It usually happens to me with my PC's speakers. It took me months before I worked out it was my phone doing it, since I only had it in my pocket (fairly far away).

Oddly, it never happens on any other speakers I own. My PC's speakers are the smallest I own so maybe it's the size or something?...

May 6, 2007
United States
Yes, I know and hate this sound. I rarely get it anywhere else other than by my PC, though, so I don't think it will be too big of a problem. Maybe they will even do something to help or fix this problem.

ATTingular

Bronze
May 27, 2007
The buzzing is because of the GSM signal. It happens more often with cheaper or older equipment, as newer/better speakers and wires are shielded. This is not an issue with 3G UMTS signals or WiFi.