Concerned Dad

Jan 6, 2009
I had a concerned Dad ask me today if there is a GPS Locator App that does not have to be open to activate. I told him that Apple does not allow Apps to run in the background (other than iTunes) but since my information may be outdated, I told him I would check. His teenage children are his concern...

Thank you.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I had a concerned Dad ask me today if there is a GPS Locator App that does not have to be open to activate. I told him that Apple does not allow Apps to run in the background (other than iTunes) but since my information may be outdated, I told him I would check. His teenage children are his concern...

Thank you.
on the iPhone 3g/3gs the "find my iPhone" feature works awesome if subscribed to MobileMe. It will show you exactly where the iPhone is on a map.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I believe the new "Find me" feature in Mobile Me will do this, but push has to be turned on at the iPhone in order for it to work. So if your teen catches wind of what you're doing, they could still disable it.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I believe the new "Find me" feature in Mobile Me will do this, but push has to be turned on at the iPhone in order for it to work. So if your teen catches wind of what you're doing, they could still disable it.

that is correct. but that's where a parent should be a parent and take the phone from the kid and sentence them to their room for a couple weeks if they start disabling it. :eek:k:eek:k