Concerns

Amblbac911

Mar 1, 2009
Indiana
I've had my iPhone 3G for about three months now, when I first got it, I unlocked it. But after about a week i restored it to the factory settings. I'm now having a few problems with it... Over the past few days it has randomly turned off, and when I go to turn it back on it won't turn on. So I plugged it into my computer and it wouldn't show up in iTunes. I ended up resetting it by holding down the home and power button for ten seconds then releasing the power button; but continually holding the home key. From there the screen goes to the Apple and works fine. I guess I'm not sure if this is common with the 3Gs or if my phones messed up or if I messed something when I unlocked it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (it's the iPhone 3G 8gig) if that matters at all. Thanks!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I know nothing about unlocking, so I will leave that to the others that know about it. What you might try though, is settings-general-reset-reset all settings.
Don't do the hard reset thing anymore because this isn't really good for the phone.

Amblbac911

Mar 1, 2009
Indiana
I know nothing about unlocking, so I will leave that to the others that know about it. What you might try though, is settings-general-reset-reset all settings.
Don't do the hard reset thing anymore because this isn't really good for the phone.
Thanks, I'll try it

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Dturner what makes you think holding the home and power buttons to reset the phone isn't good for the iPhone? I'm curios why you say this.

jdk2

Bronze
Dec 2, 2008
Stratford, NJ
I'd also be interested in learning more about this since it's always been Apple's recommended fix for just about everything.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Dturner what makes you think holding the home and power buttons to reset the phone isn't good for the iPhone? I'm curios why you say this.
I'd also be interested in learning more about this since it's always been Apple's recommended fix for just about everything.
I am at work and only have my phone at this time(yeah we don't need c/p). I will post later this afternoon to answer your questions.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
For all who are wondering about the hard reset issue, read post #5 in this thread. It is nothing super concrete, but this guy has been around the forum a long time,is well respected, and has no reason to lie. You can take it for what it's worth, but I tend to believe it.

Last edited by a moderator: