Concerts

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
So, I just found out that I am going to a concert on August 31st. Its going to have 3 Doors Down, Sick Puppies, Hinder, and the lead singer from Staind (Aaron Lewis). Its going to be so awesome! :laugh2: I can't wait. I have only been to 2 other concerts, and am going to one other one between now and August 31st. I love music and concerts make it even better! So what kind of concerts have you guys gone to? Which ones are you going to soon?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I don't go to many concerts (ironically, considering my profession).... but this summer, me, the wife, and all our friends got tickets for Radiohead. I've mentioned this already and you'll certainly hear me mention it several more times in the coming weeks.

I'm stoked.

:D

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
What is your profession? I don't like Radiohead at all but I know that a lot of people really like them. My History teacher this past year really liked them too.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
just in june i saw the black crowes, stone temple pilots, zappa plays zappa, return to forever, liquid tension experiment, and rush. In august i only have three on the calendar so far...

they're awesome, but boy do they drain your pockets...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I saw Elvis Presley in 1977. Top that.

I really do feel sorry for the kids today with shape of the music industry and their piss poor eforts. You guys have no idea what you missed yesteryear and its sad. Its not your fault but You guys got royally screwed with that crap today.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
So, I just found out that I am going to a concert on August 31st. Its going to have 3 Doors Down, Sick Puppies, Hinder, and the lead singer from Staind (Aaron Lewis). Its going to be so awesome! :laugh2: I can't wait. I have only been to 2 other concerts, and am going to one other one between now and August 31st. I love music and concerts make it even better! So what kind of concerts have you guys gone to? Which ones are you going to soon?
i see a ton of shows...depending on how the day goes, i'll be seeing Club d'Elf tonight, Beth Orton next Friday, Karsh Kale that Saturday and Elysian Fields on the 25th.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Have been fortunate to see many concerts in my day. Rolling Stones-Pink Floyd-Moody Blues-Elton John-Ect. I really enjoyed seeing Roger Waters last year. Going to see John Mayer tomorrow.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

I really do feel sorry for the kids today with shape of the music industry and their piss poor eforts. You guys have no idea what you missed yesteryear and its sad. Its not your fault but You guys got royally screwed with that crap today.
believe me, some of us absolutely DO know what we missed.

that being said, there is still a ton of great music out there.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm going to CRUE fest on Tuesday. I enjoy Buckcherry and SIXX AM, but I'm there for the CRUE more than anything. Once an 80's rocker, always an 80's rocker. I'm always tuned to Sirius 23 - Hair Nation! Where's the head banging smily when you need'em.

Off to BBQ. Stay safe everyone.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me

Can't exactly be royally screwed if we don't know that we are. Since I started seeing concerts a couple of years ago, and they are all the same to me, then I don't know what I am missing, and I don't think I want to know what I missed because that would just make concerts less fun for me lol.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Has anyone ever heard of band by the name of "Mario/Reo Speedway or Speed wagon" something like that?
-When I'm working some customers come in asking for tickets to this concert were having in town, They say I'm to young to remember who they might be haha!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Has anyone ever heard of band by the name of "Mario/Reo Speedway or Speed wagon" something like that?
-When I'm working some customers come in asking for tickets to this concert were having in town, They say I'm to young to remember who they might be haha!
REO Speedwagon.:)