Conference Calling

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

clavat

Jul 27, 2007
A few days ago some friends were all calling around to make plans for the evening...so i came up with the idea to use the iPhone's conference calling. I managed to get 2 people into a conference (so all together it was 3 including me) and when i tried to add another person, it wouldn't add that person to the conference. it kept them on the 2nd line and when i clicked 'merge' it moved the call up, and immediately back down to the 2nd line again. everytime i hit merge it moved them together for 1 second and then moved the newest caller down. any advice? i swear you can have up to a 5 person conference call..maybe i'm mistaken? any help is much appreciated ^^

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
A few days ago some friends were all calling around to make plans for the evening...so i came up with the idea to use the iPhone's conference calling. I managed to get 2 people into a conference (so all together it was 3 including me) and when i tried to add another person, it wouldn't add that person to the conference. it kept them on the 2nd line and when i clicked 'merge' it moved the call up, and immediately back down to the 2nd line again. everytime i hit merge it moved them together for 1 second and then moved the newest caller down. any advice? i swear you can have up to a 5 person conference call..maybe i'm mistaken? any help is much appreciated ^^
I've always though conference calls were you and two other people, no more. The other two people can add two people themselves as well, but that was it.

Things may have changed however.

Jul 23, 2007
I've has at least four lines conferenced from mine. I had set up a call for a project at work which was the original three lines. Then I received a call from another of the guys on my team so I merged that call in as well so I'm sure it does at least four. I did wonder what the maximum number might actually be though.

clavat

Jul 27, 2007
"you can merge upto five calls for a phone conference"--quoted from Apple's conference calling site info.

I'm just curious what the deal is with my situation and why it didn't work. I just tried testing this with my mom's cell, dad's cell, and home phone. I get the exact same results as before. :(

NMprofessional

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Rochester NY
As I understand "3-way" calling on the iPhone...

Unlimited nights and weekends would apply just to the first two callers on the call. Any added callers (3, 4 or 5) minutes usage would come from your minute bucket on your plan.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I tried conference calling 5 people and it worked. I just had to merge calls before I added another person into the current call. More than 3 works.